Holiday Inn Rotorua
Holiday Inn Rotorua Rates and Deals
Holiday Inn Rotorua Reviews
A Superior Choice Jan 11, 2017
My tour operator offered me a hotel right in the center of Rotorua. I asked, as it would be summer, if it had a pool. No was the answer. So I chose the Holiday Inn. AWESOME decision! I cannot recommend this place enough. It is away from traffic, people and the smelly lake. It is quiet, you are treated like a true guest and they have the best swimming pool in the entire world. OK, maybe not in the entire world, but one of the 2 best I have ever swum in. The hotel actually borders the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Reserve and this amazing place heat the swimming pool and 2 spa pools (Jacuzzis). Ste in some gardens with good sun loungers, you can swim in the very warm swimming pool 24 hours a day. I mean warm like bathtub warm! And the spa pools are very hot and wonderful. Just go to the bar and they will pour your beer of cocktail into a plastic glass so you can sip and soak. AWESOME.
The rooms are not the biggest in the world, but they are modern and functional. The important thing is that the beds are very comfortable, the hotel is quiet and the mini-bar is cold. You can also make a coffee or tea in your room to get your mornings started.
Another awesome plus is the 2 guest laundries. With American sized washers and dryers you can do you laundry cheaply. Just $2 NZ per load and free detergent. I dried my clothes in the room and by the pool!
The bar is good, the buffet is ok and the à la carte menu is award winning. You can walk next door to a geothermal village and get close up to the boiling springs. There is a petrol garage around the corner so you can go and explore the region. If you want to have a meal and drink(s) in town, the shuttle will take you there and/or bring you back.
A superior choice. You can have as little or as much of ‘Rota-Vegas’ as you want!
• Located on a quiet side-street on the outskirts of town surrounded by thermal springs
• Free high speed Wi-Fi throughout the hotel if you join the IHG® Rewards Club (FREE!)
• 100 % Non-smoking hotel
• Next door to the free Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve and Historic Living Village
• The best swimming pool in the world!
• Room types: Standard Twin/Queen/Accessible, Superior Room, Deluxe Room
• Air conditioned, great beds, choice of pillow types
• High speed, multi-device Wi-Fi (FREE - see overview above)
• Smallish, but functional with modern bathroom
• Mini-bar, coffee/tea making facilities, excellent toiletries
• Rooms and the whole hotel is very quiet at night
• Flat screen TV, Sky TV channels (3 channels of free guest movies)
• Work desk with lamp, desk height power points, Clock/radio/alarm, Iron & ironing board
FOOD & DRINK:
• Chapman's Restaurant – Buffet (OK) and à la carte (much better!) - international
• Champmans Bar – they give you plastic glasses so you can drink poolside!
• KIDS EAT FREE program for children 12 and under
• Happy Hour nightly from 5.30pm – 6.30pm
• Thermally heated swimming pool and 2 spas (AWESOME)
• Nice poolside area overlooking the geothermal valley just over the fence
• Fitness Centre – open 24 hours per
• Nightly Maori Cultural Show (fee payable)
• Two self service guest laundries NZ$2 a large load (laundry detergent is free)
• SAME DAY laundry and dry cleaning service
• Room Service – 24 hours
• Lobby Shop (New Zealand crafts and souvenirs)
• Free Car Park – any size vehicle
• Free Shuttle Service to town - between 8.00am – 9.15pm, leaving on the hour
• Payment options: Cash and EFTPOS no fees, Credit Cards fees: 1.5% - 3%cb
• 7 Specialist Meeting Rooms for Hire
• Pohutu Theatre – up to 600 people, Te Puna Aroha Room 300 (5 smaller venues)
• Specialist conference staff and equipment
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Holiday Inn Rotorua Overview
Nestled in the retail and entertainment district of the city is the Holiday Inn Rotorua. Guests will find themselves in close proximity to many of the city’s biggest attractions, including the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Many of the city’s famed geothermal wonders are within easy reach. The Holiday Inn Rotorua is located only a short drive from the local airport. Public transit is available to offer easy access to both the airport and Rotorua points of interest.
Each of the guestrooms at the Holiday Inn Rotorua offers an array of amenities. Guests will find that each room offers minibars, satellite television, coffee makers, and refrigerators. Each room also offers a private bathroom with bathrobes and toiletries.
Guests of the Holiday Inn Rotorua will find plenty of shopping and dining options near the hotel. Onsite amenities include a large restaurant and a lobby bar. The hotel also offers a thermal pool as well as 24 hour room service, a cultural theatre, and a gift shop.
Holiday Inn Amenities