Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Rates and Deals
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Reviews
Feel at home while at hotel Feb 28, 2012
Average Room Rate - 1.3 ml IDR or USD 140 approx
I must have stayed at this hotel almost 5-6 times now, literally everytime I visit Bali since last 6-7 months. It always keeps getting me back and let me explain below the reason :-
1)Checking in - You are treated with a hot towel and a small glass of jelly, which is actually very tasty and lifts you up momentarily. The process doesnt take much time, they are pretty fast.
1.1) The smiles - Its hard to count how many smiles you get here. The moment any hotel staff gets near to you, they smile and greet and make you feel very special. I think this is awesome and exceptional because my experience with many other hotels, even big brands, it not the same. They really make you feel valued.
2) The Room - Its a standard room with king bed, a couch, small mini bar, TV, internet, DVD player and a Balcony.
3) The Balcony - The rooms are designed in a way that all balconies are attached. So, if you get into the balcony, you are actually overlooking the balcony of your neighbour. It really helps making a few friends and you dont feel lonely.
4) Internet - very high speed and reliable, but you need to pay a nominal charge of $10 for 24 hours. i think that's a low cost for staying connected on a broadband.
5) Room service - Its pretty quick and reliable. Also, they are flexible, like I requested for a small change in recipe in my Tom Yum soup and asked them to use coconut milk instead of water, They did that happily. I will not comment on taste as it is very subjective.
6) TV & DVD - They have a cool 32 inch flat creen tv with a DVD player. Also, there is a small DVD library on the ground floor where you can just borrow the available DVDs for free of charge. A good facility.
7) Child Entertainment - They have this facility on ground floor, I think they call it 'little rascals' where they have many computers with internet connected and a few Xbox players, so your kid can immerse himself into video games, if you allow him to :)
8) Swimming Pool - One of the best I liked, its a swimming pool with in build bar. So, you can enjoy your drinks right while soaking in the pool. Its also very comfortable.
9) Location - Though the hotel is sea facing and there is a small beach available, but its not like Kuta or seminiyak beach. May be a slight downside as it is located away from Kuta Beach, market or night clubs. You need to hire a cab to go to Kuta Beach, it takes about 10 minutes and $3 for the cab, but still, a little bit of a mental block I feel. Overall, other good things do cover up for this small matter.
10) Breakfast - very elloborate and well set. I really enjoy the huge spread and the variety.
11) Restaurants - They have 2 restaurants, one is right on the beach, sea facing. the other is the one where they serve breakfast. They do a good job on food, the quality and the taste are both very nice. Specially, the cleanliness and the hygeine standards are superb, so you can be really sure of the food safety.
12) the Mini Bar - Well, in the name of a mini bar, there is a small fridge, which is kept empty. The hotel's philosophy is that you buy drinks of your choice and store it in the fridge. Pretty cool !
13) In house shop - The hotel has a in-house store on the ground floor, where you can buy your beers, cigs, water, wafers, cards and other small stuff you may need. very comfortable at times and the rates are just like a 7eleven or a cirkle K.
What else do we need ? This hotel offers what a 5 star hotel shud offer. For me, I am going to stay there over and over again.
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Great Mid Range Accomodation with all the trimmings Oct 10, 2009
We stayed at Holiday Inn Baruna for a week in August. Very close to the airport and is a lovely new hotel (about 6 months old). Tuban seems like an area that is very quiet but I think will start to get busier and busier as new hotels start to open. The Holiday Inn seemed very quiet and was at most maybe at quarter capacity so was very peaceful. Great amenities, the pool bar is great and the lounges around the bar were very relaxing. The bar had a great cocktail list (although the drinking in the hotel was a lot more expensive then drinking at restaurants etc.) The staff were lovely very friendly and helpful. Loved their uniforms. Hotel rooms were great well appointed and had all the mod cons such as LCD TV, king bed and air con. Had problems with the hot water in the shower but was fixed quickly. Location was pretty good....it is a good 10-15 min walk to kuta but cabs are cheap and if you didn't want to walk then this was always a cheap alternative. Security was also excellent. No minibar but you do have a fridge in your room and they had a little store downstairs were you could buy food and drinks at reasonable prices. Room was good for the quality of the hotel it by far isn't budget accommodation we booked on the web directly with the hotel via priority club (holiday inn's loyalty program which is free to join) and chose the cheaper pay in advance option for $130USD a night. What I have noticed with most ICT chain hotels is even when you select the advance pricing you don't get charged until either just before or just after your stay as if you were to choose the flexible option which was the case at Baruna. When we went to settle our account when checking out we actually got an even more discounted room rate (about $110USD) which I am not sure if was due to it being so quiet? I reckon you could turn up and negotiate a good deal without the need to book prior but if it does start to get busier that might not be an option. The hotel also put on a range of events every night they had a Balinese percussion group play in the area near the pool\bar and on Monday night they have an Indonesian themed night. Great hotel would definitely stay there again.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali Overview
Located on the beach, this hotel in Bali is within walking distance of nightlife, shops, and restaurants in Kuta. Guests of the Holiday Inn Bali Baruna will be able to reach the other attractions with just a quick drive. The Baruna Bali Holiday Inn Resort is only a 10-minute drive from the airport. Guests will find that some attractions are within walking distance and others are only a short drive away. If they do not have a car of their own, they will be able to find public transportation.
Guests will find that each of the 195 rooms located at the Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali include beautiful furnishings, 32-inch flat screen TVs, DVD players, and a host of other modern amenities. The hotel offers connecting rooms on request.
The hotel opened its doors in early 2009. The Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali includes a fitness center where guests can stay in shape as well as get a massage. They can also take a swim in the pool, and grab a drink at the beach-side café and bar.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Amenities