Holiday Inn Mestre Marghera Venice

Check Venice Hotel Deals

Holiday Inn Mestre Marghera Venice Reviews

ssb_india ssb_india
Nice Place to stay but out of the main attraction Mar 17, 2008
This hotel is located on the out skirts of the city. is on just 15 mins drive from Piazza Le Roma (the main bus station of Venice) & Venice Mestre Train Station.

The restaurant serves lavish breakfast and delicious lunch/dinner. the only problem was, they dint write the names or any description of the preparations in the buffet lunch. it becomes a problem for people like me who do not eat beef/pork to check as to whats on the shelf. being a star rated hotel, they should display as to what are the ingredients used in the dish. nor the staff was aware of these things. :(

rooms are quite comfortable and clean. staff is friendly. a shuttle service is available to and fro Piazza le Roma through out the day. charge is 7 Euro both side.

a small shop is there nearby on the gas station, where you can get things for your daily needs eg ciggarettes, chips, buns and burgers etc.

price of the room was cheaper as compared to some hotels in the main city, but my sugggestion is not to look out for money. do not stay so far off from the main attractions, it ends up the excitement :(
Main Entrance
Amanda Amanda
May 08, 2007
Sometimes you need a hotel to serve a very specific purpose; enter the all famous "airport hotel".

We all know the deal here; the trip is over, your flight is the next morning, and all you need now is to get as close as you can to the airport, without spending too much cash, and get a good night's sleep for the long day of travel ahead.

Rarely if ever have I found a better more helpful choice than this when dealing with a city that didn't in fact have "airport hotels", directly AT the airport. The Holiday Inn Marghera served every purpose we could possibly need and I couldn't recommend it more highly for anyone needing a "final night" stay on their way back out of Italy via the Marco Polo Airport.

Reasons?

1. 4 star hotel, and I got it on Priceline for $70.00 US a night - with two of us, that was $35 a head...

2. Room was fantastic, bathroom perfect and gave us a fabulous night sleep prior to our long day of travel.

3. If you leave the hotel front doors, and avoid the crazy priced taxi drivers like the plague, you can make a left and exit the side gate of the hotel, and make a left again; now you are headed down a side road (residential) away from the back of the hotel. After about 6 blocks only, you reach a larger road that intersects it. Cross it, make a left, and walk a block more to a bus stop; that bus will take you all the way to the airport without changing buses for only €1.00!!! (Keep in mind, the taxi was quoting us approximately €70.00 and would want a tip)

I feel like when I type it here it sounds like a longer walk than it was but please trust me; we had all our luggage from our three week trip - this was an easy and quick walk, and the bus was a FABULOUS way to go to the airport.

You want to allow about an hour though, just because the bus makes stops along the way. But all in all? A waaay better deal, and a pleasant way to go. The front desk of the hotel sells you the ticket for the bus - so don't forget to purchase it before leaving the hotel!!!

I don't have any pics personally, and InterContinental Hotel Group is really touchy about you using their photos, so I won't - sad, since I was giving them a nice review. Oh well... picture a generic but nice room. After all, as the top of the review stated... this is an "airport hotel".

Regarding the attached picture, you may be asking what it has to do with the hotel....err.. nothing? I hate having a review without a picture, so I chose a pic I liked, taken in Florence (at least the same country as the hotel was in) and tried to fix the caption so it had to do with the hotel. Hopefully now it relates?

Safe travels. :-)
Guy on the left - "Father, forgive…

Holiday Inn Mestre Marghera Venice Overview

Elegant hotel in the outskirts of Venice. The Venezia Mestre Marghera 4* is a modern design hotel which escapes from the city centre in order to get settled in a quiet residential area, where you can easily start a short trip through the centre of Venice, as well as exploring the different districts of the city. The hotel provides an amount of 187 large guestrooms perfectly equipped and 9 meeting rooms of till 115 square metres with the most advanced technical and audiovisual services. During your stay you can also enjoy the exquisite Italian gastronomy in the restaurant BellA,A'Italia or a delicious coffee in the American Bar of the hotel. The bus stop is at just three minutes from Holiday Inn.

Check Venice Hotel Deals