Holiday Inn Hotel Brisbane

Holiday Inn Hotel Brisbane Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Hotel Brisbane Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Great escape Jun 13, 2011
I arrived at the hotel at 7am after a grueling 17 hour journey on a train from Sydney. I was happy that this hotel was located right at the main train station which meant just grabbing my luggage and walking about 7 minutes to the reception. I didn’t even have to go outside. I went straight to the hotel in the hope that some miracle would occur and there would be a room for me already! Yes, my hopes and dreams were realized. The people at the reception were pretty nice. I know they get request to check in early which puts some pressure on the cleaning staff, but I was pleased with them. The lobby was pretty funky. They had these low coaches that for the most part were pretty comfortable. The lighting and décor was very retro and inviting for a hip town like Brisbane. Connected to the lobby was a business center with a couple of computers and a printer. There was an internet charge of $10 for 2 hours or $27.50 for 24 hours at this property, but I didn’t need the internet and I was bothered by that. The lobby was also where the concierge stand was located. Although tucked back in the corner near the parking garage. The concierge was a very friendly man and helped with luggage and questions I had about the area. Access to guest rooms required you swiping you room key to even get on the elevator. The place was pretty secure without feeling like you were in prison.

They had a really nice executive room for me. The room had a great view of the city and a very nice bottle of wine for me. The room was huge! With a nice king size bed and all of those pillows I love. The huge windows across one wall of the room allowed a lot of natural light in as well as the beauty of the city. I think I was up on the 14th floor or so which made traffic and other noise almost nonexistent. The large flat screen TV had a variety of channels available. I didn’t get the chance to watch many of them because the weather decided to cooperate and allow Mr. Sunshine to poke his head out.

The bathroom was really nice and had all of the standard amenities needed. A well stocked mini bar and free coffee teas and cookies really made the stay comfortable. There was a mini fridge in the room which allowed me to bring in some of my own personal things.

The hotel rooftop was where the fitness Center was located with various treadmills steppers, a spa sauna and bikes. The center was opened from 6am-10pm each day. They also have a restaurant on site called MJ’s restaurant and Bar. They served breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn’t eat there with so many wonderful choices of places to eat all within walking distance.

I did allow myself to enjoy one breakfast while was there and it was great, best buffet I have ever seen!! Hot cooked breakfast, fruit, cereal, pastries, pancakes!! Plus they offered soya milk which I thought was amazing!! Everything that you could possibly want to do in the town is within walking distance. The major shopping area of called Roma Street Parklands was just minutes away as well as the City Botanical Gardens. I walked down to the river’s edge where I caught a lunch cruise and explored some of the other sites on and around the river.

Check out was pretty easy. I needed to store my luggage for awhile and they did without any problems. I did make a comment to the manager about one employee, nothing really serious and she was very kind, taking time to listen to me, offering me extra priority points and then giving me a very nice bottle of wine to take home with me. This was a great stay and I am sure I will stay here again when back in the area. Really great place overall!!
the property
the reception area
the low couches in the lobby
those lamps in the lobby
rogers10 says: