Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls Reviews

bobaumichedu bobaumic…
Worst Hotel Experience Ever Jun 30, 2010
On June 15th, 2010 we were returning to Michigan from Montreal (through New England) with 3 puppies we bought from a breeder there. The Holiday Inn Express at Niagara Falls (US side) has a "pet friendly" policy. They charge $50.00 fee for having a pet in your room. The web site did not have any exception saying that puppies could not stay. To be on the safe side I contacted the hotel directly to make the reservation and explained the situation. I said the puppies would enter the hotel in their crate, stay in the crate and leave in their crate. I said we would not let them loose in the room. The person I spoke to said “Of course you & the puppies can stay, can I play with the puppies when you arrive?" I said of course.

After driving for 10 hours from New Hampshire we reached the hotel. When we were checking in the manager came out of her office and when she learned we had 3 puppies she said "You can't stay here with 3 puppies." I had just driven for 10 hours and was exhausted so I argued the point for ten minutes pointing out that I had phoned ahead to apprise them of the situation and was told it would not be a problem. She kept saying “I can’t let you stay here because I will get in trouble with my boss”, which made no sense to me because the hotel claims to have a pet friendly policy. It eventually became clear to her that I was prepared to stand there and debate the issue with her all night. I was exhausted and needed to rest. It would be unsafe to continue driving in that condition.

Finally she said in a threatening and hostile tone of voice “OK you can stay but remember we have your credit card number" I replied that "Of course I would expect to be liable for any damages but there won't be any damages because the puppies won't be allowed out of their crate while in the room." "But she said if we get any complaints about noise from another room remember we have your credit card number...." She was threatening me with unspecified financial penalties if she received a complaint because the puppies barked.

I went out and discussed the situation with my wife. I had never encountered such hostility from a hotel staff person in my life. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep in such an intimidating and unfriendly environment. So I went back and said "You win we won't stay, just cancel the charges on my credit card. "She said it's too late to cancel you will be charged for the room." I said but you spent 10 minutes telling me we couldn't stay. What were you planning to do, refuse to rent me a room AND charge me for it anyway?" She simply reiterated that she couldn’t cancel the charges and I would be charged for the room.

There are only two logical possibilities in this instance. One is that she could have, in fact cancelled the charges and was now lying to me. Two is, in fact, she couldn’t cancel the charges and was refusing to let me stay but planning to keep my money. Our treatment represents extremely unprofessional conduct by the hotel manager.

I now had no choice. Exhausted and upset I drove another seven hours and reached home in Michigan at 2 AM in the morning. It is only by God’s grace I was able to make the drive home without an accident.

Needless to say I am disputing the charge with my credit Card company for reasons stated above.
Tinktinkie says:
That is such an awful experience!!! I hope the 3 puppies are doing well :-)
Posted on: Jun 30, 2010

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls Overview

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls is a located just a few miles from many Niagara Falls attractions. Many places of interest, including the Maid of the Mist, outlet shopping, the Cave of the Winds, the Rainbow Bridge, Goat Island, Martin's Fantasy Island Amusement Park, Murphy's Orchard, and the Seneca Niagara Casino, are within a short drive from the hotel. The Niagara International Airport is within walking distance from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, and the Buffalo International Airport is a short drive away. Taxi services are available for transportation. Once downtown, most attractions are within walking distance.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls has 87 guest rooms, many of which are suites. Every room offers cable television, alarm clocks, hair dryers, coffee makers, and Internet connections. Upon request, connecting rooms and handicapped accessible rooms can be made available.

Many amenities are available for business and leisure travelers. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls offers a full business and conference center with courier, copy, fax, and high-speed Internet services. The well-equipped fitness center houses the indoor swimming pool. The front desk is open 24 hours per day, and a complimentary breakfast is served each morning. Also located on site is a gift shop.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower