Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown

Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown Reviews

mandas1 mandas1
Clean, comfortable, not-so-pet-friendly. Sep 04, 2008
I got to the Holiday Inn Express, this is where Jackie and I stayed last year on the way home. They were great about the dogs, pet-friendly, no fee for the dogs, offered an employee rate (I work for Intercontinental Hotels Group at the corporate office), they put us in a room near the stairwell to go outside, overall it was great. The room was clean, comfortable, for some reason the dogs always think they get to sleep on the bed whenever we're in a hotel too. Since we had such a great experience with this hotel last year, I decided to stay there again this year. They did have employee rates loaded in the computer again, so I booked it.

When I checked in, I took the dogs into the hotel with me, because they needed a doggie-break too. We walked around the hotel, they did their business, then rather than putting them back in the car, I just took them into the hotel and figured it would be easier to put them in the room - then grab all of my stuff out of the car. This year, they had a sign at the front desk saying "Only 1 dog per room, $25.00 cleaning fee, maximum size 25 pounds." I booked my reservation through our internal reservation system and none of this information had been updated in their hotel profiles.

When I walked in - they were not going to let me stay with the two dogs (and both of them being over 25 pounds. Tyler is 30 lbs, Maggie is 37 lbs.) I told them that since I was not notified of any change to their pet policy (and I had a note on my reservation saying I had two dogs). They said that the reservation center just tells people to call the hotel directly. Well, *I* booked my own room in the system, I didn't call the reservation center. They basically were not going to let me stay with the two dogs. So I had to pull a little "Corporate office" rank on them and tell them that they have my confirmation number and if they are not willing to honor my reservation - since the pet policy information was NOT in the system - that they'd better find me a different hotel that will accept 1) two pets, 2) the employee rate.

The girl finally let me check in, I gave her instructions on how her general manager could update their information in their profiles - so it is consistent in ALL channels, and explained to her that with having misinformation on their profile, they are going to end up pissing off REAL, PAYING guests who will complain and call guest relations (which has a whole other set of fees for our hotels), especially if they are Platinum Priority Club Members, like I am (and have been for 8 years).

Needless to say, with the front desk girl, and the front office manager (I'm assuming that's what he is, he never introduced himself) rude service, I would NEVER recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel.

The room was comfortable and clean, but the way they treated me - as an employee from corporate, they just really ticked me off. I've been in this business for 19 years!! I do not tolerate rude service.

Holiday Inn Express Suites Elizabethtown Overview

Located in the heart of Elizabethtown, KY, is the brand new addition of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, conveniently located off I-65 at exit 94. This beautiful property is within walking distance of the Coca-Cola Museum opening on May 1st, 2005 and many restaurants. Also within a thirty minute drive is the Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs, Makers Mark Distillery, Jim Beam Distillery, My Old KY Home, and Louisville Fair and Exposition Center. Nearby is the Towne Mall with over 53 stores and Movie Palace Theater with stadium seating. The hotel offers 76 spacious guest rooms that include Kings, Double Queens, King Suites, Jacuzzi Rooms and Kid Suites and a banquet room that will accommodate 392. free high speed internet, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and free morning paper. Nearby businesses include Dana Corporation, Ambrake, AP Technoglass, CDR, Fort Knox Army Base, UPS and Fort Knox National. All rates are based on double occupancy. Pets are accepted with a $25.00 non-refundable cleaning fee due at check in. Rollaway beds and cribs are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. This hotel is committed to providing accessible facilities under the American Disabilities Act. If your accessibility needs are not met, please contact the Hotel Manager on Duty. Should you require additional information regarding accessible facilities for guests with disabilities, please call 1-800-Holiday (U.S. and Canada) or contact the hotel directly. For the hearing impaired, TDD service is available at 1-800-238-5544 within the U.S. and Canada.

Holiday Inn Express Suites Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower