Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City

Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A room with a Jacuzzi after a long day of driving - what a treat Aug 30, 2011
I was heading for Sault Sainte Marie when I decided enough could be enough because it was getting dark and I had made it a principle that I would not drive in the beautiful surroundings in the dark because it was waste of good views. I wanted to see as much as possible. I therefore decided not to cross the magnificent Mackinaw Bridge and stop for the night in Mackinaw City without knowing anything about it.

I quickly found that it was a touristic city because there were hotels everywhere; I had not made up my mind at which hotel I would go for but I saw a Holiday Express on the other side of the road that looked nice from the outside and the quality seems always to be alright at these hotels in the state. I drove around a little in the little town and photographed a fabulous sunset before I entered the parking in front of the hotel; the parking was quite full which was not the best indicator but I managed to get a parking space for my car and said hi to some persons sitting smoking in front of the hotel.

The hotel was busy and I could see that it was a family hotel because numerous of children were running around and it had also a spa because a lady in a bathrobe were at the reception picking up a large number of towels. There was a young guy in the reception and he was eager to help. I asked for a room and they had two kinds as double queen or a single queen with a Jacuzzi and as soon I heard the Jacuzzi part I did not care about the rest. I had not been in a Jacuzzi in 6 months or so, so I had to have that room. The room was 131$ for the night which I even found a fair price.

I picked up my luggage and packed a couple of extra beers from the car and went to my room. My room was on the ground floor and ha windows facing the parking, but I did not care because it was getting dark anyway. The rom smelled a of moist or humid as I entered but they had also closed the air-condition so it was quite warm to. I opened it and the feeling was gone soon after. The room was otherwise not as large as the other rooms I had stayed at during the trip but there was a nice large 2-person Jacuzzi in the corner next to the queen size bed.

There was a small round table in the corner with two chairs in wooden hotel design; chair I cant imagine anyone else would buy. There was a fridge with a small freezer that I quickly filled with my beers and there was a coffee machine as well. I quickly filled the Jacuzzi with hot water while I used the free Wi-Fi to do some mails. Shortly after I could enter a small part of heaven with a nice stay in the Jacuzzi and seconded with some ice-cold beers from the fridge. It was truly a nice way to end the day.

I had a great sleep at the hotel and there were hardly any noise from the other rooms even though it was a family hotel and I was staying at the ground floor.
williamsworld says:
Thanks for the review. I will add this to my list of favorites. Cheers
Posted on: Oct 03, 2011

Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City Overview

Centrally located, this hotel in Mackinaw City has easy access to many area activities and attractions. Nearby, guests will find Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse, Mill Creek Historical Park, and the Mackinac Bridge. Visitors of the Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City can enjoy golfing, boating, fishing, swimming, and para sailing. The Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City is located just off Interstate 75 at exit 339 in Mackinaw City.

The 102 guest rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City provide coffee maker, hair dryer, mini-fridge, microwave oven, iron and ironing board, cable TV, telephone with voice mail and free local calling, and high-speed Internet access. The hotel features signature Smart Bedding and Smart Shower.

Guests can start their day with a complimentary Continental breakfast served daily, courtesy of the Holiday Inn Express Mackinaw City. The hotel features indoor corridors and elevators for convenience. For relaxation, guests can enjoy the indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, and hot tub. To maintain a fitness regimen, there is an on-site fitness center. Meeting rooms are available for various events and functions. Business services are available.

Holiday Inn Express Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower