Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City

Check New York Hotel Deals

Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Holiday Inn Express Jamaica, NY Jan 16, 2009
This was an on-line selection as we needed a hotel close to JFK Airport and this location appeared to be a good combination for price(for that area), airport shuttle connection and ammenities(breakfast/bed size).

We were staying for 2 nights enroute Greece out of JFK. To reach the hotel we took the sky train to the shuttle. We then took the(wrong) shuttle to the Holiday Inn. The driver said it happens all the time and since it was late in the evening and slow he gave us a ride to the Holiday Inn Express(we tipped him well).

We were treated very well at check in and our room was nice, but small, as it had a recessed corner entry from the main hallway. Breakfast the following morning was all you wished to eat.

If you have the time use the airport shuttle to reach the sky train, then ride to the terminal for the E-train into central New York City as a less expensive alternative,to taxis, from most (airport) hotels in this district.

We looked on the internet while in Greece and returned to this hotel again (same reasons). The other Holiday Inn in the area was about $75 more per night... This time we were given a nice, handicapped accessible, room which far exceeded the room from our first stay.

On this occasion we wanted to eat dinner nearby(jet lag). The closest (and only reccomended restaurant without taking a taxi) was at another hotel three blocks away. It was called the Mediterranian Restaurant but it was really just good food ... but they did have Greek Salad...

This is a nice hotel, but it is important to remember it is sited to serve JFK Airport.
flyingherron flyinghe…
Good for layover Oct 07, 2009
This hotel turned out to be a wonderful surprise. First let me say that most times airport hotels operate on the idea that they have a captive audience and aren't really concerned with amenities or quality... not this one though!! I'm a priority club member so online reservation was a breeze, and even without membership it should be very easy. Checkin was prompt and since I had arrived early they even let me checkin at noon instead of the posted 4:00pm. Since I was a priority club member I also got a "goody" bag that they said was above and beyond the normal and I would agree, it contained bottled water, two travel packs of oreo cookies, cheeze-its, and two mints! Plus everyone gets a cookie when checking in which I neglected to take so can offer no review of quality.

The hotel is very clean and looks newer or renovated. The two elevators are functional though small. The room I booked was a single king bed non smoking. The room was of average size and contained a flat panel tv, and a selection of pillows of varying hardness. I'm not sure if this is standard at all Holiday Inn Expresses now but the decor and amenities in the room were of a good quality and well received after a strenuous flight. They offer a free shuttle on the hour to JFK which I plan to use tomorrow. Also there is a complimentary breakfast that looks promising I will attempt to wake to test as well.

Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City Overview

For those who appreciate convenience, the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport is within close proximity to JFK Airport, as well as the Aqueduct Race Track, Gateway National Park, and Shae Stadium, just to name a few. Those who have arrived in New York on business will enjoy close proximity to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Wall Street, and the midtown business district. The leisurely crowd will be within minutes of the Broadway theater district, the Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan, Fifth Avenue shopping, and the Empire State Building, for starters. Boasting close proximity to JFK Airport, the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City offers free car parking and easy accessibility to public transportation.

Guest quarters at the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City are well appointed with wireless Internet access, satellite television, mini-fridges and microwaves, and quiet comfort.

The Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City offers a fully equipped business center for meetings and conferences, complimentary Continental breakfast, coin operated laundry facilities, and free newspaper daily.

Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport Jamaica New York City Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower