Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Holiday Inn Express (O'Fallon, MO) Jan 04, 2011
Location:

This Holiday Inn Express is located in O'Fallon, Missouri. It's situated 30 minutes west of downtown St. Louis, Missouri, and is right off the I-64 interstate (Exit 9).

Room:

My room was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and clean. They have a decent size TV in the room. They offer wireless network connection for those laptop users like me. The room I was given did not have a microwave and mini-fridge/bar so you either had to leave the hotel to eat out or bring food back to your room. A coffee maker is available in the room if you desire to make coffee.

Let me expand a little more here concerning my stay at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel as I was passing through to get to my vacation destination and on the way back home. In other words, I stayed at this hotel twice in the span of 10 days. During my initial stay here, I lucked out and got a room on the first floor at the end of the hallway. This made it easier for me to offload stuff from my car to bring to my room and vice versa from the side access door of the hotel. I experienced no problems. The second time I lucked out again and got a room on the first floor but didn't realize until after the fact that the room was located directly across the elevator and near the central part of the hotel closest to the lobby. Because of my room's location, I experienced people talking loudly to the point of almost shouting and even laughing outside my door intermittenly between 11pm and 2pm. Why? Well I later realized that they were standing outside waiting for the elevator doors to open so they can get to their rooms the next floor up. They figure while they wait (particularly around those hours of the night), they can talk out loud and laugh to their heart's content without exercising any consideration that other people share this hotel too and need their sleep. Needless to say, I had only 4 hours of sleep that didn't really prepare me to take on the 14-hour drive back home the next morning. I can't really blame the hotel for this. I never considered the location of my room to be a problem until after the fact. Lessons learned. Hopefully, those of you reading this will take this into consideration next time you check in to a hotel and need a good night's sleep. Get a room away from the high traffic areas and away from elevators and maybe the indoor pool since you potentially have to deal with screaming rug rats running down the hallways all happy and excited to get in the pool with no clue or inclination that you exist in a room nearby trying to sleep early.

As a single traveler, I was surprised they put me in a room with two queen size beds in it, but I wasn't complaining at all. A room is a room and as long as it's clean, quiet, and well maintained, I'm happy.

Amenities:

Complimentary breakfast is usually part of the price you pay when reserving online through their website. They offer sausages, eggs, french toast, cereal, milk, fruits, muffins, coffee, a variety of juice (grapefruit, apple, cranberry, etc.), yogurt, and a few other things). A staff member is there to greet you and assist you in any way with any of the breakfast items. I only ate here once and the breakfast was satisfying.

The lounge area has a public use computer with a printer for hotel guests to utilize as well.

The hotel also has an indoor pool and also has a fitness room as well.

Outside the hotel:

There are gas stations and restaurants within 5-minutes drive from the hotel. There is a Ruby Tuesdays restaurant, Kitaro Japanese restaurant (weblink: http://www.kitarojapan.com/), Crackel Barrel, fast-food restaurants to include Wendys, Arby's, McDonalds, and a Starbucks joint.

I recommend this hotel if you are passing through St Louis, Missouri, and need a good hotel to stay in. Be sure to get a low-traffic area room away from the elevators if you want a restful sleep.
kyuri18 says:
Well done Rob!! :)
Posted on: Jan 04, 2011

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West-O'Fallon Overview

Our new O'Fallon, Missouri hotel offers comfort and convenience. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in O'Fallon, MO is located just west of St. Louis. Our hotel is convenient to Interstate 40 and I-64 and is near several local attractions and businesses, making it the perfect hotel for travelers looking for lodging in O'Fallon. Conveniently located near major companies such as Citi Corporation, General Motors, Mastercard, APC Nordyne, the Missouri Research Park and Progress West Hospital, our O'Fallon, MO hotel is ideal for area business travelers. You can take advantage of our meeting room and 24-hour business center, enjoy the convenience of a free local shuttle and stay connected with free high-speed Internet access. Leisure travelers in O'Fallon will enjoy staying at our hotel as they explore everything the St. Louis area has to offer. We are just minutes from historic St. Charles, Six Flags Over Mid-America and the Augusta vineyards. The St. Louis Arch, Anheuser-Busch, Laclede's Landing and the stadiums of the Cardinals and the Rams are just a short drive into St. Louis from our hotel in O'Fallon. During your stay at our pet friendly O'Fallon, Missouri hotel be sure to take advantage of our choice amenities, including a heated, indoor pool and whirlpool, a fitness center and the free Express Start hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our great O'Fallon hotel deals and book your stay today. This hotel is committed to providing accessible facilities under the American Disabilities Act. If your accessibility needs are not met, please contact the Hotel Manager on Duty. Should you require additional information regarding accessible facilities for guests with disabilities, please call 1-800-465-4329 (U.S. and Canada) or contact the hotel directly. For the hearing impaired, TDD service is available at 1-800-238-5544 within the U.S. and Canada.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Louis West- Amenities

• TV
  • Spa bath / Jacuzzi
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower