Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lathrop

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lathrop Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lathrop Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Best hotel in Lathrop, CA Jul 18, 2009
This Best Western is a great hotel. The front counter staff (Sonia and Jag) were professional and helpful. We were driving to Northern California for a family vacation and were flying by the seat of our pants for this leg of the trip. We were not sure how far we would/could drive today because of commitments my younger son had at the beginning of the week. So as we started our vacation we just got in the SUV and drove. After about 6 1/2 to 7 hours we were tired of being in the truck. So we picked an likely looking place to get off the freeway. Lathrop. The first place we stopped was just your typical freeway flop hotel. It would have done fine for a single night stop, but they did not have any double bed rooms available and wanted $89 for a single King room. It was not reasonable for the hotel. I told the clerk thank you but I can do better. I remember seeing the Best Western as we were getting off the freeway. Now in the city I work in the Best Westerns can be hooker hotels...hey my cop buddies do their best to keep them away, but that is a story for a different review.

So we pull into the Best Western Plaza Inn & Suites Lathrop parking lot, and I immediately take a look around at the cars. Ok, good sign most are newer, well maintained vehs. Not a pimp mobile in sight. We walked into the lobby and approached the front desk clerks to ask if they had any rooms with two beds available. The male said no at first. There was some sort of regional baseball game going on and rooms were at a premium. The woman told me to hold on and started typing. (My female co-workers are smiling and nodding there head saying, "See it was the woman that took care of them" :) ) After some quick typing she said, yes we do have something that just came available. One of the teams did not need all the rooms they booked. She told me they had a room that would meet my requirements. I asked how much and she said $99. Well this was a much nicer hotel, and I realized that with the game rooms might be hard to find. I said we would take it...then asked if they gave government employee discounts. She said yes, and now my price was down to $82 (cheaper than the first place!)

As we were doing the check in dance, her computer thru a monkey wrench in the whole thing. It would not release the room from their reservation system. Damn it! She did some more typing and said, "How about I give you a King Suite for the same price. It has a King bed, and a couch with a pull out, and we could roll in a roll away." I said we would take it. We could either sleep 2 in the King and one in the couch. Or we could even bring in the inflateable mattress we had brought for just such an emergency. Perfect.

We took the room. And it worked out perfect.

I want to also commend this hotels amenities. There is a fair size indoor pool and hot tub that is open 24 hours. (This might be a problem for the first floor rooms that were near the pool. When we went down there it was very noisy in the hallway leading to the pool as there were a lot of children in it. I dont know if the noise is a problem in the rooms. We were on the 2nd floor in the same wing of the hotel and could not hear a thing.

As we were on our way out to get dinner I stopped to talk to the woman at the front desk. (Sonia). I asked about the breakfast that was advertised on a bulletin board. She told me it was 6:30 to 10:00. She also told me that at night they had a Playstation 2 and Xbox360 set up in the room during the evenings. They also set up a mini movie theatre with popcorn and everything. Not sure what movie they were showing as she said they had several DVD's to choose from.

Another great feature of the hotel is free WiFi in the rooms and the common areas of the lobby. I even saw some desktops setup off to the side near the front desk. I did not ask if they were free. But there is deff something there for the tech heads (like me) that cant just leave it be for a couple of days. Hey the access allowed me to type this blog entry and hotel review.

All in all, this is deff a place to stay if you need a place on the road from one end of California to the other.
This is the fountain in front of t…
This is Sonia
The staircase to the upper floor. …
Breakfast bar area.
Eric says:
Great review!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2009

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lathrop Overview

At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lathrop - South Stockton you’ll enjoy a hot tub and indoor pool among the many pleasing amenities our property features. Delight in waking up to complimentary Full Hot Breakfast Buffet with tea and coffee each morning. At our brand new Lathrop hotel, you can work out at a state-of-the-art fitness center. Perfect for work and meetings, you’ll be impressed by our well-equipped Business Center. For your comfort, our Northern California hotel is 100% non-smoking. Our interior corridor hotel is modern, and contemporary with efficient, friendly service and to promote a great night's sleep. Upgraded and de cluttered lobby areas, A Holiday Inn Express signature scent and sound, New exterior lighting and landscaping, New signage with the redesigned logo, All of our Holiday Inn employees recently went through an extensive "Stay Real" training program to ensure guest receive the level of service you expect. Our hotel’s newly enhanced complimentary Express Start® breakfast bar features a full range of breakfast items including a rotation of egg and meat selections, biscuits, yogurt, fruit and the brand’s proprietary cinnamon roll and Smart Roast® coffee. The SimplySmart™ shower incorporates a proprietary Stay Smart™ Kohler showerhead, signature shower curtain with curved rod, upgraded 100 percent cotton terry towels and a custom line of cinnamon-scented bath products. Guests will enjoy the SimplySmart™ bedding collection Refreshed Guest Room New bedding that redefines the look and feel of each guest room with fresh, white triple sheeting and pillows that come in two comfort levels: “soft” and “firm.” An enhanced bathroom that features an improved showerhead offering superior pressure, as well as a signature shower curtain with curved rod and new amenities to deliver a consistent bath experience that feels fresh and contemporary. This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amenities

• Desk
  • Dictaphone
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower