Holiday Inn Express, Clarke Quay

+65 6589 8000

Holiday Inn Express, Clarke Quay Reviews

pammy_robertson pammy_ro…
enjoyable stay in a great location Nov 03, 2015
We looked at so many hotels in Singapore and decided on Holiday Inn as the price was pretty reasonable but we were sold basically on the rooftop pool.

we hadn't really researched the area but quickly discovered the location was perfect, right in the heart of Clarke Quay, a short walk to all the bustling restaurants and bars that line the quay docks and a 5 min walk to chinatown.

The hotel is fairly new and our room was immaculate, a little compact but fine for a few days. it had all the ammenities we needed.

On the rooftop there is a lap pool and jacuzzi, the pool is open until 9pm, its a nice place to sit as the sun goes down and the city starts to light up. sadly they switch the jacuzzi off at 7pm. There's also a few sun loungers and a small gym.

The buffet breakfast is pretty good and runs from 6am until 10.30am. It consists of mostly western, hot and cold breakfast with a few asian options that seemed to change daily. They also had a room service menu that allowed you to order take away from nearby restaurants, which I have never seen before.

my stay here was great for the most part, but on our final day, someone set off the fire alarm at 6am.... it was horrendously loud, lots of confused people coming out of their rooms but no one seemed to be making sure people were evacuating. so my friend and I head out in flip flops and pj's, bleary eyed to this excruciating noise and evacuate. a few guests hanging around outside whilst the staff were still indoors and some people collecting their breakfast... no one bothered to come out and say 'false alarm you can go back to your rooms'. There were a few irate guests needless to say. I'd hate to imagine what would happen in a real emergency. not the hotel staff's fault if someone was smoking but they could have dealt with it a bit better.

Overall I think I would stay here again, if I can't afford the Marina Bay sands that is.
Singapore Map