Holiday Inn Darling Harbour

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Sydney Reviews

williamsworld williams…
a Darling near the Harbour Jun 20, 2011
I stayed here for two nights on my return to the USA. Overall, it was a fine stay. It met my most critical requirement, a shuttle to the airport. I do think there are better options in Sydney; however, for a similar price and the proximity to a few of Sydney interesting neighborhoods, it was worth it.

When I arrived into the lobby, they had a large TV with a nice welcome for all of their priority club members. It is always kind of cool to see your name on live TV. That made things seems a bit welcoming. The hotel's location is good; it's at Darling Harbour and therefore is near dozens of restaurants, cafes, and McDonalds; the light rail and monorail are steps away and it's not a bad walk from the Town Hall station for other rail services. China Town was right at the door steps with Paddy Markets only a few steps away as well.

My room was fine; it appeared to have been renovated. The desk was large and well-lit, the bed was comfortable (with very nice pillows), and the bathroom was clean and had both a tub and shower. I appreciated that the room had a refrigerator, robe, and slippers, along with a nice set of bath products. Everything was completely clean. Decor was very basic, but had a modern feel. Like many places, a mini bar was in the room. I always avoid them because they are so expensive.

The public areas of the hotel were not as nice as the room. Hallways were dark and had scuffed walls; the lobby, while it had some new decor elements, had a dated look. The fitness center was absolutely miserable. I only tried breakfast one morning because it was given to me. It was not a bad meal, buffet with a wide choice of hot and cold items. The restaurant was pretty cramped. It was a bit difficult to move around with a plate in your hand and kids jumping up and running around. They had a great selection of juices and the coffee was actually really good. I didn't try the dinner dining options within the hotel -- you'd be silly to do so given how many great restaurants are within walking distance.

Service was fine. Not outstanding or overly welcoming, but everyone did their job. The concierge was probably the most help. The day I was leaving was the day that most of Australia decided to close all of its airports and cancel most of its flights due to the volcanic dust from Chili. They helped me to find flights out of Sydney and I was grateful. With delays and all and my check out time well past it’s time, they stored my luggage and gave me some suggestions to do while I waited to head to the airport. My platinum status with Priority Club was not recognized nor rewarded with any additional perks, but I guess I can’t complain too much.

So, overall, I was pleased. Where I think the hotel falls short, though, was it’s overall service. There's nothing really wrong with the place, but I think I enjoyed Old Sydney a bit better. If you are looking for a place that is close to Chinatown and rail service, this may be it.
The Holiday Inn Darling arbour
the front of the hotel
the desk and the bottle of wine wa…
The desk area
williamsworld says:
I wold stay if you would like an it is a pretty good price
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
missandrea81 says:
Wow! Nice price. If I ever make it there I'll give it a try.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2011
rogers10 says:
so, should I stay here or not? lol
Posted on: Aug 06, 2011
peckitt247 peckitt2…
OK location, reasonable quality. Jul 21, 2010
A simple hotel as expected with the name. Wasn't the best service partly because they gave me a basic twin room instead of the deluxe that I paid for. Management wouldn't budge, so didn't let it ruin the moment.

Hotel 50m north of Paddy's market, opposite exhibition centre and a short walk from Darling Harbor (nice area to go out, visit the Maritime museum, Chinese Gardens [Beautiful - a must see])

You can take a slightly longer walk to the city (I tended to) or pay for the skytrain/tram, or even walk 10 minutes to central station and catch the train to Circular Quay.

WiFi is not free, however if you sit in the lobby, you can reach the McDonalds free WiFi and plug your laptop in.

Sauna/Steam Room awful condition. Wouldn't recommend using.

Pricey for what you get in comparison to alternatives.
1 minutes walk away - Paddy's mark…
Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Overview

The Holiday Inn Darling Harbour is situated in an ideal place in the city of Sydney, and is surrounded by several popular attractions. Directly behind the hotel is Chinatown, the Sydney Convention Center is nearby, and the center of Darling Harbour is just 5 minutes away. There are also different restaurants, theaters, and shopping complexes around the hotel. Both light rail and monorail stations can be found located near the Holiday Inn in Darling Harbour.

All 304 guestrooms in the Sydney Holiday Inn Darling Harbour were renovated in 2008 and are outfitted with a variety of amenities in order to make guests more comfortable. Some available amenities include coffeemakers, compact refrigerators, mini-bars, in-room safes, and power converters.

This 4-star hotel has two different restaurants on-site which serve a selection of meals and light snacks. Business travelers can utilize the hotel’s business center, or hold a meeting in any one of the three meeting rooms. Guests that are concerned with maintaining their fitness program can make use of the Holiday Inn Darling Harbour in Sydney’s on-site gymnasium, and afterward can relax in the spa or sauna. Coin operated laundry machines are available for use.

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Steam Room
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes