Holiday Inn Central Plaza

Holiday Inn Central Plaza Rates and Deals

Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing Reviews

BOACJEFF BOACJEFF
VERY NICE HOTEL Oct 03, 2011
I spent 6 days at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing in Sept 2011 on the advice from previous travelers reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed in fact I would also highly recommend it to other travelers. Although not very close to the central main attractions, Tiananmen Sq, Forbidden City, Behai Park, cab or bus was inexpensive. The room was beautiful,large, well appointed with a safe, mini bar, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, large lcd tv(english speaking channels), work desk and sitting area (this was just a normal room too!). The bath included anything that one may have forgotten in the way of toiletries and the towels and bathrobe were nice and thick as compared to a Holiday Inn in the states where I find them very thin and non absorbent.

The front desk staff all spoke very good English as did those in the dining and bar areas. The food selection in the dining room was varied and very good, even offering a western style breakfast. The consierge staff were very helpful in assisting me with directions around the city and obtaining transportation and even wrote down directions from and back to the hotel in Chinese for the cab drivers.

All in all the hotel and the staff were excellent and I would absolutely stay there again on any return visit.
Svanni Svanni
decent hotel in Beijing Mar 21, 2011
This hotel has quite nice sport facilities. Enjoyed the pool!

The breakfast buffet is the best I ever had.

Room is large and friendly. The stuff was extremely friendly.

The only drawback...if you want to walk to the next Metro station be prepared to walk and walk and walk.......
Shotlander Shotland…
Storm will simply blow you away, OR "Um... WOW!" Sep 14, 2010
Once in a very rare while, a promise is made and actually kept. In some cases, the promise is exceeded in every way. This is one such case. To be honest, the Holiday Inn Beijing Central Plaza made no actual promises, but the online reviews of the hotel were, for the most part, extremely positive, and almost all were rich in praise for the hotel’s concierge, Storm.

Armed with those positive reviews and what seemed like a fair price, we booked a standard double-double room with breakfast included. What I expected to find was, well, a typical Holiday Inn, comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. What we discovered was five-star service and amenities, all for a three-star price. (I know, I sound like a radio ad, but I’m serious.)

Before heading to China, I received an e-mail message from the manager, asking me for a few of my preferences. Upon arrival, we were delighted to find a beautiful plate of my favourite fruits, including lychees and mangoes.

When we met Storm, the hotel’s concierge, we were actually very pleased to find that, contrary to his name, which might indicate a loud and thunderous personality, Storm was actually a very discreet, soft-spoken gentleman. And he would prove to be a concierge unlike any I’ve met before. It was truly as though he were there exclusively for our benefit, though we knew he had to have been attending to everyone else’s needs as well. He would visit us every morning during breakfast and offer to answer all our questions and give us any help we needed.

Over the course of our eight-night stay, Storm would demonstrate a level of dedication and service I had never seen. We wanted to find a playground for our six-year-old daughter, so he recommended an indoor playground. He even walked us there and introduced us to the friendly and welcoming staff.

We wanted to have a Chinese dress made as a special gift to our daughter. We mentioned this to Storm and in little time, he had located a tailor living just around the corner. A few visits later, always with Storm at hand as our interpreter, the tailor had completed the beautiful dress. Because we had only brought the tailor our fabric near the end of our first week in Beijing (we were about to leave for another city), Storm offered to pick up the dress for us when it was ready. When we returned to Beijing one week later, we were planning to stop by the hotel to pick up the dress. Instead, Storm offered to drop it off for us at the other Beijing hotel where we would be spending the third week of our trip in China (it wasn’t our choice, we were meeting up with a group). And he did exactly that.

Other days, we wanted to see some shows, and Storm made all the arrangements for us. Whenever we needed help finding something, he helped us find what we were looking for every time.

Now back to the hotel. As mentioned, I expected a typical Holiday Inn, but what I found was truly a gem of a place.

We had booked the package that included breakfast, and we were not disappointed. For the mere extra pocket change it cost, the breakfast buffet was well worth it. It boasted a wide selection of Chinese and Western dishes, though I have to admit that I had no intention of eating “Western” while in China, and I wasn’t disappointed with the local fare. The service there was really friendly, and even though most employees have only limited English, being understood was rarely a problem. And the cherry on the cake: their coffee was great! (Thanks to Swiss technology, I might add.)

The pool was also much appreciated, and we really liked the hotel’s location: the surrounding area gave us a true feel for Beijing and it’s people.

Considering just the hotel’s décor and amenities, this place is a pleasure to stay at, but thanks to Storm and the other helpful staff, it was so much more than that. During our last week in China, back in Beijing, we stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Chaoyang. Yes, our room was bigger, but overall, the hotel was a disappointment in comparison to the Holiday Inn Beijing Central Plaza. Besides, for a little extra money (still far below the cost of the Renaissance), we could easily have had a larger room at the Holiday Inn (which we really didn’t need) to match the one we had at the Renaissance, and would have had enough money left over to go on a huge shopping spree.

Any complaints? There have to be a few complaints, right? No, not one. And believe me, I like to complain when complaints are due. But this place just blew us away. Thanks Storm, and thanks Holiday Inn Central Plaza for completely flipping my already decent opinion of Holiday Inn hotels on its head.

Holiday Inn Central Plaza Overview

The Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing is located in the commercial area of the city. Nearby attractions include Wangfujing and the Forbidden City. The Oriental Plaza is also located nearby, making this one of the more conveniently located hotels in Beijing. The international airport is located 27 miles from the hotel. Public metros offer easy airport access and transit to the many Beijing attractions.

All 322 contemporary guestrooms at the Holiday Inn Plaza Beijing include many amenities. All rooms offer wireless high speed Internet access as well as satellite television, movies, coffee makers, climate controls, telephones, and minibars. All rooms offer private bathrooms with robes and hair dryers and many rooms also offer kitchens.

Guests of the Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing will find themselves situated near many shops and restaurants. The hotel offers multiple restaurants for guests to enjoy as well as a coffee bar. Onsite amenities include meeting rooms, a karaoke area, babysitting service, a tour desk, a car rental, and concierge service.

Holiday Inn Central Plaza Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes