Holiday Hotel

Check Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Deals

Holiday Hotel Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Holiday Hotel Jun 18, 2013
The hotel is located right at one of the busy streets in the city. It is a short walk from the hotel to Le Lai Street in the main backpacking area. Some of the main attractions of the city like the Reunification Palace, The War Remnants Museum and the main Catholic Church are all within walking distance from the hotel - or can reach by a short and cheap taxi ride.

One of the main markets the Ben Thanh market - though this market is plagued by super touristy prices which are at least 3 times what they should be and it is very difficult to get a fair price. Hence the vicinity to the market isn’t all that useful since it is a bad place for shopping.

The hotel itself is fairly small entrance which just takes up a couple of windows and a door out towards the Ly Tu Trong street. The reception is open 24 hours a day and do speak some English and were generally pretty helpful during our stay. There are a breakfast served downstairs in the morning - it consists of a couple of French inspired bread and a couple of eggs. You may be able to order noodles or other Vietnamese dishes for breakfast - but I am never that adventurous with my morning meal so I can’t really remember if this was an option on this hotel.

Not all the rooms in the hotel have windows - from the layout of the hotel I would guess one room on every floor would be without a window. Considering the general street noise you often encounter in Saigon a windowless room isn’t all that bad - since it will often be quieter than a room with a window facing a busy street with a ton of motorcycles going by from early on in the morning.

Our room did have a window. Actually it had four round ones - one smaller than the other. They mainly resembled something you could find on a ship and not what you would usually expect to find in a hotel. There really wasn’t much of a view so it didn’t matter all that much that we had the luxury of several windows. Fortunately the windows did lead to too much traffic noise in the morning since we had a room up on one of the higher floors so we had some distance between the window and the noise street below. Hence there was no accidental wakeup call by traffic noise in the morning. When staying on a top floor you appreciate the fact that the hotel did have a lift which could carry a couple of person with luggage with some difficulties - but it did do the job of transporting people up and down.

The room itself is pretty big with enough room to store the luggage and get around. The bathroom got a shower cabin which works fairly well in actually keeping the rest of the bathroom dry. There is also a large flat screen TV but I am not sure what kind of channels they actually got at the hotel since we never got around testing it out.
The reception area
The entrance
The bathroom
The windows
gingerbatik gingerba…
Budget Friendly Hotel Jun 16, 2013
This hotel located next door from Tulips hotel which I stayed previously. It appears; with a little bit of dollars I could get a deluxe suite room which has 30 sqm floor spaces. So I checked the room and agreed to stay for the night since the room is quite large and I like to stay in different hotel just to feel the different in term of services, room and comfortability of the mattress.

The room itself is more basic compare with the other hotel I stay the other night, but definitely bigger and more space. I can run and dance inside the room.

The room also located at the fifth floor and inside it has four small round windows which remain me of the submarine I have taken somewhere in another country, where I can peep outside through the windows but cannot open it.

Not much view unfortunately as it is facing the main street outside toward the tall building. At least I can see whether it is sunny or rain and luckily the hotel has lift so I do not have to walk too much to go to the room after sightseeing.

The room has one double bed, unfortunately the mattress is not that comfortable enough, I can feel the spring poking and make a noise when I sleep on it.

There is a dresser, refrigerator, a couple of chairs and table and flat screen television. The en suite bathroom is quite large with a glass shower, thankfully no wet floor here and hot water working well. Since I turn down the air condition to very low temperature near freezing and end up I need warm shower.

Internet is free in the whole building but the connection inside the room is not very stable, I get cut off a couple of times. I actually able to get internet access from the next hotel I stayed the other night previously since my computer remember the password for it and I go for it when I get cut off from this hotel internet.

The receptionist speaks very little English but really friendly and helpful and gives advice about Ho Chi Minh city and the danger on the street and the pick pocket around the market. It appears not many people stay at this place as we did not see other guest during our stay.

The hotel located at the main street within walking distance to Reunification Palace, The War Remnants Museum, the main Catholic Church, Ben Thanth market and to the main backpacking area cross the street one or two block away where so many local restaurants on the street. The big shopping mall is next block cross the street from this place. Mostly we just walk to the main sights as it is easy walk.

Room price include simple breakfast which cost usd 28 per night and breakfast consist of fried egg and a couple of bread. Probably they serve Vietnamese noodles Pho as well, but I did not try it and breakfast time is too early, from 7.00 am to 9.00 am only. I eventually missed one breakfast when go down at 9.00 am as the kitchen already closed and luckily next door is a local restaurant which open and serve breakfast – but strange breakfast since it serve rice and bbq pork with soup in the morning. It was tasty but too much for me to eat rice in the morning.

The down side of this hotel is no tour service or map available to the guest and a wee bit communication problem if you need to ask direction; otherwise this is nice place to stay for a night or two.
the room