Hoggie Doggie's

8803 Hwy 47, Woodruff, WI, USA

Hoggie Doggie's Woodruff Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
the best Chicago hotdogs north of Chicago ? Jul 25, 2009
Hoggies Doggie's supposedly has the best hot dogs north of Chicago. I'm not sure I've ever had a hot dog in Chicago, so I don't know if I can verify that statement. I did get a Chicago Dog and it was good.

This fun rootbeer stand has all sorts of foods available from the walk up window. Of course, hot dogs are the biggest seller, but they have sandwiches (chicken, fish, beef, even liver sausage!), fries, burgers, and all sorts of ice cream desserts. I shared the Chicago Dog with a friend. It was supposed to come with mustard, pickle spear, peppers, onions, Vienna pickle relish and tomato wedges. We opted for no onions or peppers.

We bit into the hot dog and instantly my face turned red and steam started blowing out my ears! What I thought were baby pickles were in fact peppers! They messed up our order and I had a mouthfull of hot peppers! I drank my friend's water and ate her ice cream until the burning subsided. Whew! Meanwhile we got a new hot dog made.

After tentatively biting into the new hot dog, I decided it was quite good. I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs, but this was pretty good. Messy, but good. One of my friends ordered the hot dog with sauerkraut and decided it was delicious. Another friend just got the french fries, which were so-so. My burning mouth friend got the ice cream sundae with strawberry-rhubarb sauce.

After eating our snack, we played on the pig for awhile.
Chicago Dog - sans peppers and oni…
Hoggie Doggies
ordering at the window
first bite of our hot dog

Compare Minocqua Hotel Rates (2.9km away)

Hoggie Doggie's Map