Hofburg Palace

01 5339927

Hofburg Palace Vienna Reviews

completelydifferent complete…
Hofburg Jul 29, 2010
Habsburg's winter residence, is a perfect reflection of the power of the former rulers of Austria. Because each successive emperors and empresses wanted to leave something behind, the palace was always being rebuilding. The entrance to the chambers of the imperial (Kaiserappartements) and the Empress Sisi museum is placed near the Michaelplatz.

Chambers hit the pomp - we can see the gym belonging to Sisi, her bathroom, spartan office of the emperor Franz Josef. A collection of covers of the imperial table is really impressive.

Very good idea is Audioguide, which tells the stories about almost every room you pass.
cvanzoen cvanzoen
Grand palaces with all kinds of functionalities Aug 13, 2009
This Hofburg complex is made up of many divers entities.

You kind find all kinds of buildings like:

- The Burgkapelle which is a chapel located in the Schweizerplatz. Next to this chapel you can find a treasury room filled with old and more recent items on display.

- The Prunksaal is the beautifully decorated hall of the National Library. You will find all kinds of old books and manuscripts here and it is just beautiful.

- The Silberkammer which is the museum with all kinds of silverware and the ticket also includes a tour throught the imperial appartments.

- Another thing that you don't want to miss is the Winterreitschule. This is the place where they train and perform with those beautiful Spanish horses.

If you go to Vienna you'd better take the time to visit this complex properly for there is an awful lot to see here.

Related Travel Blogs About Hofburg Palace

The Heart of Tyrol - the land, architecture, history and entertainment
I’m not a morning person; anyone who knows me at all can tell you that. I do what I have to do to travel, that’s the one thing that gets me up when I really don’t want to. I really didn’t wan…Vienna Hofburg and Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, the Hofburg in Innsbruck is amongst the three most significant cultural buildings in Austria…
4 Day Trip to Vienna
To be honest, Vienna was not one of my dream destinations.But I was planning to join Fatih for a few days on his Europe trip. First I planned joining him and his cousin on his way to Budapest, but be…Hofburg etc.) of Vienna Palace of Schönbrunn (but not necessary to buy one of the entrance tickets but also just…
Sunday (day 16) in Vienna
Last night we had an evening concert in Vienna that was one of the highlights of the whole cruise.  Imagine champagne on a terrace overlooking Vienna and then beautiful classical music by a c…Vienna at night. . . .the Hofburg Winter Palace in particular. . .wow, what an evening.      You’ve all heard…

Check Vienna Hotel Deals