Historisch Openluchtmuseum Eindhoven

Boutenslaan 161B, Eindhoven, Netherlands

Historisch Openluchtmuseum Eindhoven Reviews

aggieaggie aggieagg…
Historical Open Air Museum Eindhoven Dec 27, 2008
This museum will bring you back to early Eindhoven in the iron age, the prehistoric time and the middle ages.

You can go into the old farm houses to see how they`ve lived in the past.

There are enthusiastic people to show you how they used to live in the old days.

They are dressed in animal skins, some of them sat on the ground and one man was even lying in the cold wet mud.

I was there when it was very cold and foggy.

Because the area was very open, the cold felt awful and my beautiful black boots were brown from the wet mud, when I left the museum

There was a nice fireplace and I was glad they had warm peas soup for me to warm myself.

Better you can go in the summer.

The people there are very friendly, they tell you a lot about history if you like and they are happy to show you things, like making fire by stones, baking cookies, roasting chestnuts.

There was a Medieval Christmas market, while I was there, where they roasted chestnuts, made candles and sold old things and something to eat or drink.

For one Euro you got a few warm roasted chestnuts in a pocket.

I tried one, it tasted like potatoes, but I gave the rest to the people who pretend to live there, they like them very much.

You also could bake your cookies in an old pan, everyone had put their hands in the flour to knead.

I politely thanked, but the idea was nice.

It`s really a nice museum for a few hours when you are in Eindhoven, but not for the whole day.

For me it was the last historical open air museum and I`m so happy to live now and not in the past, one of the reasons for this is the toilet, which you can see on my photo`s.
Pig on the spit