Historic Tamarack Lodge

9549 US Highway 2 E, Hungry Horse, MT, USA

Check Hungry Horse Hotel Deals

Historic Tamarack Lodge Hungry Horse Reviews

amberweewee amberwee…
Traveling to Glacier National Park, Stay at the HistroicTamarack Lodge! Jul 23, 2008
My family and I stayed at the Historic Tamarack Lodge while touring Glacier National Park. As we drove up I was pleasantly surprised at how quaint it looked from the outside. Check in was easy and our room was much nicer than expected. As we unloaded our car we were met by the welcoming committee, two of the three sweet Dog's that live on the property. My son loved playing with Sadie and Toby. Once in our room I noticed the cable T.V., the microwave,coffee maker and Refrigerator. This Refrigerator came in handy for the yummy leftover's we brought home form the Glacier Grill a mile up the road.

There are Journals in each cozy room, for guests to journal their experiences of the lodge and the park itself. We enjoyed reading past experiences of other guests. Friday evening in the huge back yard of the lodge we saw a free concert of a local Favorite country singer,songwriter. You can sit around the fire or on one of the over sized swings in the yard. The Lodge serves a nice continental breakfast where you can sit in the huge living area or out on the porch. There is a pool table for entertainment, and a huge trampoline in the back yard. If you have had enough of playing with the dog's you can walk up to the barn and enjoy the Llama's for a while. The owner knows everything about the park and will tell you the best places to hike and sightsee. The Lodge can accommodate all sizes of family's. They have bed and breakfast room's in the actual lodge, "motel" type rooms next door (this is where we stayed) and newly built cabins behind. This was the best place we stayed during our 2 week road trip. I didn't want to leave !

Check Hungry Horse Hotel Deals