Hiring a driver in Sri Lanka

+94722802631

Hiring a driver in Sri Lanka Reviews

Ireneyhl Ireneyhl
Hiring a driver in Sri Lanka Aug 27, 2011
I spent a week in Sri Lanka, travelling with a hire driver, together with 2 other friends. It was a pleasant vacation made more memorable by the fact that we had an honest, good and reliable driver in Sudath Gunaratne. I sent him the itinerary and the price he quoted was reasonable and he helped us make most of the arrangements except for our accommodation.

He speaks good English which was fantastic and he was always looking out for our safety, giving us advice and info on some of the places of interest. He is also a safe and careful driver.

He picked us up at the airport and we headed off to Kandy, stopping along the way, at the Pinnawela elephant orphanage. We spent a night at the tea plantation. The next day, we visited the botanical garden, temple of the tooth and watched the Kandyan dance and cultural performance before heading to Sigiriya to climb the Lion Rock and to see the wild elephants at the Minneriya National Park.

At Trincomalee, he helped us to arrange for a boat to go to Pigeon Island, saving us some money as the cost was at a fraction of the price that a travel agent was to charge us.

He even went out of his way to look for and bought us a durian (refusing to take any money for it) when we craved for it and couldn't find any at the market in Kandy.

He brought us to Bravo Chakko for the best egg hoppers we ever tasted. My friend and I was hooked on the delicious egg hoppers and spring hoppers that we wanted to buy the egg hoppers pan and the spring hoppers machine when we got to Colombo. Instead Sudath, bought my friend and I, a set of egg hoppers pan and the spring hopper machine as souvenirs from him to remember our trip to Sri Lanka.

I would highly recommend Sudath to anyone who is seeking a driver in Sri Lanka. His tel no: +94 72280 2631 and his email : sudathgunaratne@hotmail.com
carolee918 says:
do u have his contact info or charge per day rate?
Posted on: Jan 20, 2013
shakesmith says:
Hi

Just to say we used Sudath and he was a great guy and good driver. Very safe and steady!

Thanks for advice

Shakes
Posted on: Mar 28, 2012
shakesmith says:
Hi

Could you please tell me a bit more about your driver. We are looking for one in SL. Just wanted to check this one was genuine?

Cheers