Hippie de Bar

+66 (0)1 820 3762

Hippie de Bar Bangkok Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
A relaxing refuge on Khao San Road Feb 29, 2008
I ended up here two nights in a row because it was right there when I needed dinner. It's a little off the main road so it has a calm atmosphere compared to the many bar & restaurants that basically spill onto Khao San. It's very cute with lots of plants and colorful mismatched furniture. The staff is plentiful and inefficient, but they were good natured and I thought the food was great.

The first night I started off with one of their many tropical cocktail options followed by a green curry with prawns and teddy bear shaped rice. A delicious first meal. They were playing a great soundtrack of reggae and Jack Johnson other kinds of music many people like to hear when they're "on holiday" in a tropical country.

The second time I went there they had more of an adult contempary soundtrack playing. I ordered some kind of interesting fried rice with chicken and was brought a pork dish with a side of rice. About five waiters came to sort out the matter. The waiter who took my order had misunderstood what I asked for and another one joked that what he brought me had to be chicken fried rice. I was starving and almost reached a point where I was just going to take the pork dish because it did look pretty good. After much talking, they finally corrected my order and I had another good meal there.
hayley499 says:
this place sounds cool
Posted on: Feb 06, 2011
martinikitty13 says:
oh - the teddy bear rice is too cute!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2008
ErnaButterfly says:
we had our party after the Bkk meet-up here, loads of fun!
Posted on: Apr 24, 2008