Hing Fat Restaurant

2736 7788

Hing Fat Restaurant Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Hing Fat Restaurant Jan 23, 2012
I had looked at the Hing Fat restaurant when I was searching for a restaurant in the neighborhood Saturday evening. The restaurant looked like a traditional Chinese restaurant with aquariums with fish, lobsters, and crabs in the windows together with an abnormal number of signs so it is impossible to look inside.

When I entered the place was almost full but I managed to get a small table way in the back close to the kitchen. I looked at menu and I almost didn’t recognize anything, so decided to play safe with some Chinese cabbage and a mixed grill plate with rice.

The noise level inside was amazing there were good discussions everywhere and with the restaurant situated inside the area where the New Year parade were walking around there were customers enough to take from so they were quite interested in having people to leave as soon as they finished. I ordered a large Tsingtao beer, which I enjoyed a lot.

The food arrived quite fast, and my grill plate was huge and was a mix between duck and pig. Some of the meat was fabulous while some pieces were a bit fat for my taste. The vegetables were as usual fantastic, crisp and nice. Before I finished my meal I ordered another beer, and I could see that the headwaiter was a little annoyed but I did not care at all. I was still a paying customer.
My grill plate
Some of the spices
My beer
I love the brand; VERYGOOD
Chokk says:
The food was nice and it was a local place - the expats were on the other side of the road.

"To beer or not to beer" ~ Shakesbeer would fit very well in the fridge from "Verygood"
Posted on: Feb 15, 2012
spocklogic says:
Quite a place and lots of variety on land & sea with extra refreshment - "To beer or not to beer" ~ Shakesbeer.
Posted on: Feb 15, 2012

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Hing Fat Restaurant Map