Himachal Pradesh

Shimla, India

Himachal Pradesh Shimla Reviews

jamesmatley jamesmat…
Generally Brilliant Apr 17, 2011
Took the miniature train up to Simla, brilliant ride and views, Stayed in Simla 5 days which was more than necessary, after Delhi it was cooler and felt very westernised, clean and the architecture very English, full of rich people showing of there bling. Its quite small and you can see everything in two days.

Bus ride to Manali, my favourite destination in India, I stayed in Old Manali, went trekking in the mountians up to 4000mtr, canyoning, climbing as well as exploring the temples, shopping, reading books in coffee shops. I met my trekking companions in a bar doing Karaoke badly.

I went to Vashist a few times which is similar to Old Manali, I think its a bit smaller, but guest houses are more integrated with the local vernacular and culture, as its on a hill the views are generally better.

Took an overnight bus to McLoed Gang, I only stayed for two days, a week would have been better, really chilled out atmosphere, got invited to hotel room to export some rocks, I said I'd think about it (meaning NO).

Also met a friendly Tibetan (they are all friendly) for some music and drinks. I stayed in Dharamkot which is a 10 minute walk out of the market in a secluded woodland setting and cheaper rooms compared to McLoad.

Related Travel Blogs About Himachal Pradesh

From Thailand we flew to Kolkata, India. Yay! We landed in India and I knew I had arrived in a fascinating country. The heat hit me immediately, especially since we were in a taxi going t…Shimla, capital city of Himachal Pradesh, a town surrounded by pine forests. What is impressive about Shimla is the architecture…

Check Shimla Hotel Deals