Hilton Vienna Plaza

Hilton Vienna Plaza Rates and Deals

Hilton Vienna Plaza Reviews

bielecka bielecka
Misunderstanding May 23, 2011
Total misunderstanding in terms of value per money (and still, my rate was negociated corporate one). This hotel is simply old and one can easily notice that in its every corner.

+ location in the city center, just next to metro station (which on the other hand I believe can be an issue in the rooms at lower floors - in the conference room located on 1st floor you can feel vibrations)

- paid internet access (~25EUR per day; in the 21st century, in 5 stars hotel, in an European city... it's unbelieveble)

- old and cheap interiors, with very used furnishings

- no slippers and bathrobe available
what a nice TV! :)
marwan72 marwan72
fabulous Apr 06, 2011
The hotel is a short walk from St Stephens, all major shopping & public transport, so location is excellent. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We booked online in advance & received a great rate, so value for money was exceptional. The screening of the 2010 World Cup in the cocktail lounge was great.
medster medster
Hotel is great, but watch out for service Jul 15, 2010
I stayed at this hotel initially when I arrived to Vienna. Hotel is generally good. I didn't get a chance to check the amenities as I had a busy schedule.

Location is fine, considering I was there at a conference and it was a 3 subway stops from the conference centre. Didn't have any meals in this hotel to comment on.

Service was an issue at this hotel. Temperature in my room was fine, but at one point during my stay, I was down at the reception desk and a man was complaining about temperature issues in his room and his parent rooms. He seemed too stressed and bothered with this issue that was he was saying he gave up, he is okay with the issue in his room, but please do something for his parents.

They moved him a few times and apparently the issue existed in 3 rooms they took them to.

I needed 2 things upon my arrival, wireless internet and a power adaptor. I had to pay for the internet but when I asked for the power adaptor, the staff told me that she can't find it, and I'll have to come later. Later I was told they're all out, and I'll have to wait until one is turned in by another guest. It took me 24 hours to get the power adaptor while I was paying for internet that I can't use unless I have power.

As for my stay, my initial reservation was for 3 days, and to be extended. I asked them to do this upon my arrival, it took some time for the reception staff to do it and I was tired after a long flight, so I asked her to mark it down for me and we can complete it later.

The next day she wasn't there, and her colleague tells me she'll be back in the morning and it's better to check with her as she may have reserved something.

The next day when I came back to the hotel in the afternoon, I checked again and was told the hotel just filled up that same day, and now they have no availability. The problem was that I will be at the conference all day during the day of the checkout. Since they couldn't extend the booking, I asked that they extend the checkout time because I won't be back until the afternoon. They refused.

After escalating the matter to the Hilton's head office, they agreed to extend the checkout to the afternoon for a 60 euros fees, and the Manager offered to book me at their sister hotel, Hilton Vienna which is not too far away. I was still rushed several times to complete the checkout early although I paid for the late checkout, and finally when I did, the manager had disappeared, and the reception staff tells me that the Hilton Vienna is overbooked and they can't book my room there.

I had to find another booking at the last minute on my own, in a city where I don't even speak the language.

Generally the hotel is good, location is fine, in particular if you are going to a conference in messe prater. But I would be more on the cautious side with the hotel staff.
taberd1983 taberd19…
Hilton Vienna Plaza May 21, 2010
There are 2 Hilton hotels in Vienna, they both located within the Vienna ring.

The bigger Hilton, (the Vienna Hilton), and the smaller Hilton (Hilton Vienna Plaza). Eventhough the bigger Hilton has just gone through a rennovation, it is still too crowd and still lots of noise from nearby buses.

My preference is the Hilton Vienna Plaza; it's cozy, quaint, and the staff knows you by name quickly. The room is stylishly european decor with the modern comfort and reasonably large. The Plaza's Executive Lounge is better appointed, with its own terrace that you can overlook the famous roof line that Vienna is well known.

The Hilton Vienna is also conveniently located and 2 blocks from Vienna most beautiful coffee house (my opinion).

Somthing about the Plaza that make you feels like saying "Grüß Gott" the moment you arrived.
handicap19 handicap…
Absolutely European History Aroma Nov 10, 2008
This hotel is right in middle of Vienna. Beautiful hotel outside and in - public areas and hotel room... Considering a hotel in Europe, room (at Executive Floor) where I stayed was spacious, excellent European style furniture, and excellent, kind and courteous staff..

Get on a tramp right in front of the hotel will get you quick self guided tour...

Hilton Vienna Plaza Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Cots