Hilton Vienna Danube

Check Vienna Hotel Deals

Hilton Vienna Danube Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Really nice business hotel Sep 29, 2013
I had been driving to Vienna and I was staying at Hilton Vienna Danube mainly because one of my friends was staying there and it was in close proximity to the Vienna Trade fair. The hotel is located along the river and it was quite easy to find getting there by car. The hotel had a parking garage under the hotel, it was not free but the price was 15 euro per night, which I found fair.

The reception was a level up from the parking area and they quickly found my booking. The guy in the reception was really service minded and he gave me a virtual tour round the hotel. I was going to stay at the hotel for 4 days and for some lucky reason I was given a room with a river view on the 4th floor. When I entered the room I was quite pleased, the room was large but not huge, There were 3 windows facing the river and the first thing I did was to remove the curtains just to get some light in to the room. The view was towards the river but it was not a magnificent view. The best about the view was that there was no one in front my windows.

The room was quite long but not so wide, all the furniture we made of dark wood that gave the room a classy but gloomy feel to it. The bed was just what I love, it was a king size bed with a perfect feel to it. The headboard decoration was likewise dark but also gigantic. In the end of the room in front of the windows there was a nice sofa arrangement, it was a room that grow on you. There was a nice desk in front of the sofa, which made it a perfect place from where to work. Another thing that worked really well and made this one of the better business hotels was the really fast Wi-Fi connection. The bathroom was nice and fairly large with a huge mirror with a great light around the frame, which made it quite special.

The first evening I was there I had my evening meal at the hotel in their restaurant called WATERFRONT KITCHEN. When I arrived it was almost empty or it looked so because it was quite large and much larger than I had anticipated. When I first got a view of the place I was quite sad that was not here during the summer when it would have been possible to sit along the water outside on their terrace.

It didn’t take long before a smiling waitress addressed me with a menu; I ordered a beer straight away while I looked at the menu. The beer came fast and it was a local Austrian one with a nice foam line. As a starter I went for their grilled goat cheese served on a bed of salad with a sweet and sticky dressing that turned out to be perfect, it was one of the best I have had in a long time. For my main dish I choose a sirloin steak with grilled vegetables and a potato tower. The steak was great but the dish was almost too winterish with the brown pepper gravy that I had ordered, so I decided to have their fruit dessert with vanilla ice cream to end the meal just lighten up. It had been a good meal but quite heavy.

The hotel had also a small bar area called the PIER 269 BAR & LOUNGE and like at the restaurant this would have been perfect on a summer evening where it would be possible to sit outside. The bar area was facing the river and it had some huge windows covering the entire area facing the water so they had tried to benefit from the location as much as possible.

The service was fast and being a conference hotel as well as a business hotel they had a good crowd every evening while I was there, and it was using the benefit of serving a rather large hotel. Their drinks were absolutely not cheap but their beers were quite fair. The bar was only a place to meet-up with your colleagues before going to a restaurant or having a nightcap before heading to bed as long as you could not use the outside area.

On the top floor they had their executive lounge for their top Hilton loyalty members, where I had the possibility to with one of my friends. From there you had a great view of the river, but as the hotel was limited in height it was not possible to see the town.

The hotel was located some 15-20 euro in a taxi from down town, 40 euro from the airport and 10 euro from the exhibition area of the Vienna trade fair area. It was a really nice hotel where I would not hesitate to stay again.
The view from my room
The view from my room at the cover…
The hotel room
The hotel room
wandafromtexas says:
I've been lucky with the JW Marriotts ..one in Mumbai is like definitely a 24hr service one. But , only because of a friend's invitation! We invited my Indian friends up there one occassion and had to pay 25$ each!!! so some rules. oh...well...we enjoyed! and you enjoy your Stockholm ..that's alot of driving this month!
Posted on: Nov 10, 2013
Chokk says:
Haha - otherwise they would not have let me in :)
Posted on: Nov 10, 2013
wandafromtexas says:
nice to visit executive lounges!!!! and with a friend
Posted on: Nov 09, 2013
rph304 rph304
Very nice hotel slightly out of city Dec 01, 2011
This hotel offers nice, large, clean rooms... a fantastic breakfast bar... a beautiful view of the Danube... but the biggest con is location... the hotel restaurant is ok, but there are really no restaurants (or much of anything) around the hotel... you have to go a couple of blocks to hit the subway and ride into the city... if you are looking for a nice hotel out of the chaos of the city, this is probably for you... very quiet and comfortable... if you want to be where the action is, you may want to find something closer to the city center...
Lounge area
Lounge area
stryker520 stryker5…
Nov 01, 2007
Located at Am Stadtpark 3, the Hilton Vienna is a very nice hotel with a very friendly staff. The hotel appeared to be newly redecorated in tasteful, neutral decor. The rooms were small but that's to be expected in Europe.

I was fortunate to have enough hotel points to stay here and have access to the Executive Lounge which was well stocked throughout the day with small snacks.

It's slightly off the beaten path of the real touristy area but within 10 minutes walking distance to all the great things. The area was safe so there was no problem walking to/from the hotel late in the evenings.

There is a subway station across the street that links you to all the major tourist attractions.

Overall, I would stay here again.

Hilton Vienna Danube Overview

The Hilton Vienna Danube is situated in the heart of the city near may attractions, including Prater Amusement Park and Danube Island. Numerous restaurants are situated within a short distance of the hotel. Free parking is available at the hotel for the use of guests who arrive by vehicle. The airport bus stops directly outside the hotel. Vienna International Airport is only a short drive from the hotel.

Guestroom amenities available at the Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel include a television, work desk, private bath, daily newspaper, air conditioning, mini-bar and telephone. There are 367 guestrooms at the hotel, 12 of which are suites.

Guests of the Hilton Vienna Danube Wien will be treated to such services and amenities as a bar/pub, 24 hour room service, shops, elevator and executive floor. Massage services are also available at the hotel along with a gym, on site golf course, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, outdoor pool, spa and sauna. There is also a café and 2 restaurants at the hotel. The hotel can also assist with tour arrangements and currency exchange.

Hilton Vienna Danube Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Indoor