Hilton Portland & Executive Tower

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Rates and Deals

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Excellent Staff - The Usual Hilton Oct 30, 2014
A couple of years ago I had some work done on my house and I had to stay at a hotel while it was being completed. As it turns out, I hired the contractors from hell and I was at the hotel for around a month. It was the Hilton Hotel in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. In doing so, I racked up a very large number of reward points. This seemed like a good time to use them.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of Hilton Hotels themselves. To me they are usually outdated and their taste in furnishings leaves much to be desired. Not that they are horrible by any means, it's just not my taste. With that said, however, Hilton employees are top notch. All of them. The front desk clerks, the concierges, the bartenders, the restaurant staff, the cleaning crew…you name it. They are always smiling, they are always eager to help, and I can't speak highly enough about them.

Oddly to me, there are actually two Hiltons in downtown that are a block away from each other. According to the valet at the first location I stopped at, the Executive Tower was a little nicer. So, I decided to take her advice and go with that one.

I wish I could remember the name of the front desk clerk that checked me in. He was outstanding and such a nice guy. Seemed genuinely interested in hearing about my trip. After he checked me in I went to park the car and get my bags. By the time I returned he was gone and I was greeted by Tayo, who was also extremely nice. I ran into him a few times throughout my stay and no matter how many questions I asked him he was always eager to help, Really, really nice guy.

The room as expected was filled with less than spectacular furnishings. The bed is super comfy and there was plenty of space. Nothing really fancy but completely adequate and considering the great location, the price was pretty good. If I remember correctly it was about $150. It was free for me, of course, because of the reward points. And the best part was free parking. Most of the hotels that I had checked out online included a $40 parking fee.

My least favorite thing about Hilton Hotels is no free wifi. Really, Hilton? Really? I let it slide this time since the Hotel was free.

We didn't check out any of the amenities like the gym or the pool. Never tried out the restaurant or the bar. The hotel did look pretty nice in the lobby, though. And the location in downtown really is perfect.

All in all, I wouldn't have a problem staying there again. But in the interest of checking out a new place, I probably would select somewhere different.
GFglobetrotter GFglobet…
Good for business travel Mar 22, 2013
This hotel is right in the middle of downtown Portland. The Executive Tower rooms are much bigger than the other Hilton location directly across the street. Be sure to ask which building you are in when you make your reservation. Also, ask for wi-fi when you check in, sometimes they will give it to you free of charge. There is a nice gym and a pool in the regular Hilton (non Executive Tower) that you can use even if you are staying across the street. They don't tell you this when you check-in! Very close to public transportation and only a few blocks from the waterfront. Bistro 921 has really good hamburgers and sweet potato fries.

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Overview

The Hilton Hotel Executive Tower Portland is located in the center of Portland’s business and entertainment district. With two towers and 782 guestrooms, this is one of the biggest hotels in Portland. It is easily accessible to all of the cities attractions including the Oregon Convention Center, the Chinese Gardens, the Oregon Zoo or the Museum of Science and Industry. For guests, the Hilton Hotel Executive Tower Portland offers parking for a fee. The hotel is easily accessed by public transportation and there is free service to the airport.

The Hilton Hotel Executive Tower Portland’s rooms all feature dormer windows, two-line telephones with voicemail, coffee/tea makers, televisions, Lodgenet movies, video games and radios with MP3 docking stations. Wireless Internet is available for a fee.

The Hilton Hotel Executive Tower Portland has two restaurants catering to a variety of tastes. The hotel has a full service 24 concierge and a self service business center. For recreation the hotel offers a state of the art health club with indoor lap pool, hot tub, sauna, steam rooms and personal training and massage services.

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels