Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi Rates and Deals

Hilton Nairobi Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Hilton Disappoints in Nairobi Mar 16, 2011
I stayed at the Hilton on another layover in Nairobi because they had a better deal at this particular time than the other hotels I was familiar with. I reserved online for 80USD, which was considerably lower than their published rates. Compared to the Sheraton and the Holiday Inn (the other two hotels I've stayed in), the Hilton had the best staff but I was disappointed with the building and maintenance. The hotel is old and desparately needs remodeling. This Hilton just didn't come up to par with what I expect from a Hilton. Granted, it is in a third-world country, so I suppose I have to cut them some slack.

The basic rooms are quite small, the furniture is old, the carpet was worn, but the bathroom looked like it did get a recent upgrade.

They have a pretty good buffet at the Travelers Restaurant, which has a mix of Far Eastern, Mediterranean and Continental dishes. It also has a nice little coffee shop and a lounge called the Jockey pub where they have TVs to watch games. They have a gym and a pool, although the pool closed very early and didn't open in time before I left, so I didn't even get to use it.

There are some other places to dine at on the property that I didn't get a chance to visit...such as the the Cafe American and the La Patisserie. Security was standard and the hotel is located centrally in town.

If I ever return to Nairobi I will probably not stay at the Hilton again, at least not until they renovate it. If you can get a good deal, the hotel is okay. But definitely do not stay here if you are paying their rack rates which is somewhere around 235USD per night.
The pool which I never was able to…
The elevator was too slow so I too…
Africancrab Africanc…
Accommodation for the 2009 African Travbuddy Meet Up Sep 20, 2008
The Hilton hotel is located right in the city's heart, the next to the craft market and twenty minutes' drive from the airport. You will have fun staying in this contemporary hotel with rooms overlooking the city. The comfortable rooms each have large soundproof windows since it is located amidst the city buzz. There is email with Internet access and they even include magazines and chocolates. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, try fine Italian at Sale E Pepe Restaurant. You must have a drink at the Jockey Pub, they even have live bands and karookee on Saturdays.

I have stayed at the Hilton on and off for more than seven years, I have had good working relations with the marketing manager so I have always had a good experience. The Hotel is a Hilton chain but the building has wore through the years, a little refurbishing might add some glamour to it. It is a little on the pricey side if you are staying a night or two – but Nairobi in general is an expensive city.

Most of the staff are friendly and the service is okay, at least each time I have been there I have had great service. The service could always exceed expectations if the staff put in a little effort since there seems to be more than enough people around to service guests. The hotel offers buffet breakfast and dinner at the Travellers restaurant with plenty to offer in terms of variety. Now being a cook myself, I must say the food is not made up to par, the taste of the food I ate was flat – but that is just me.

I have always used this hotel as a stop enroute to safaris to Masai Mara. The last time my colleagues and I stayed at the Hilton Nairobi en route to a travel consultant’s safari to Mara Safari Club. The two nights at the Hilton were both great nights. The hotel ensures security by having security guards outside (I must warn that Nairobi can be a shock because of pickpockets). The gym offers a sauna, steam rooms, and the indoor pool is heated while the outdoor pool is cooler. For the person who needs help at the gym, classes run all morning until around eleven thirty. Overall this is a great, safe, clean hotel with many restaurants inside.

The hotel runs a return airport shuttle and the drivers are normally on time, each time I have used the shuttle, the driver had my name printed and waiting at the pick up port. All in all Hilton Nairobi is a very nice hotel. This is Africa too so the rooms are not as nice as you would expect from a Hilton in Europe or America, but they keep an excellent standard, the food is good, the service is always friendly and overall it is a great place to be. There is no excuse though the Hilton name is attached to this facility they could do better in refurbishing and upgrading to meet the European and American standards.
Circular 17-story Tower Hotel loca…
The Jockey Bar
Africancrab says:
Yheleen, there is still time, think about it, we will have fun down there. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008
yheleen says:
Yep, very helpful indeed.. Oh, how i wish i can join in that meet-up :)
Posted on: Sep 22, 2008
Africancrab says:
Thanks Eric, I'm glad it is helpful. Are you planning a trip down there sometime?
Posted on: Sep 17, 2008

Hilton Nairobi Overview

The Hilton Nairobi is ideally located in the heart of the shopping and business area of the city, in close proximity to government offices and only 25 minutes drive from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. All guestrooms are air-conditioned and feature complimentary tea/coffee making facilities, mineral water and a range of imported amenities. Our rooms are equipped with mini-bars, radio alarm clocks, satellite TV, hair dryers, electronic safes and locks, high speed internet access and international direct dial telephones.

Only 5 minutes walk from the Kenyatta International Conference Centre, the hotel has 7 Meeting Rooms for 2 to 500 delegates with wireless high speed internet access. Our Banquet rooms are adaptable to all types of events from conferences, conventions and seminars to receptions, banquets or weddings. Communication facilities are available at the Business Centre which include internet, fax, photocopying, courier, binding and lamination. Wireless internet access is available in public areas. Room Service is available 24 hours. Recreational facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool, Health Club with a gymnasium, steam, sauna, massage and aerobic classes. Nairobi National Park Tours are offered from Monday to Friday. Buy some souvenirs on Saturdays at the craft market located nearby. Additional guest services available include a 24-hour transportation desk, travel agency, airlines, beauty/barber shop, pharmacy, news-stand and gift shops at the Hilton arcade.

Refresh at the outdoor heated pool, shape up at the gym or relax with a massage at the Health Club. Enjoy a safari and see wildlife at the Nariobi National Park.

The hotel consists of 3 restaurants, a bar and a coffee shop. Enjoy global dishes at the Traveller's Restaurant, fine Italian cuisine at the Sale E Pepe Restaurant, savour barbeques at the Pool Restaurant, have a pint at the hotels traditional Jockey Pub or indulge in pastries at the Café Americain.

Hilton Amenities

• Massage
  • Solarium
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor