Hilton Miami Downtown

Hilton Miami Downtown Rates and Deals

Hilton Miami Downtown Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice view and nice room Apr 10, 2012
I had spent 3 days on a cruise to Bahamas with my good TB friend Jamal. Jamal had been so nice to offer me a ride to the hotel in order to see if I could get my room even though the time not more than 10.30. Jamal drove up to the large hotel that was not situated more than 2-3 miles from the harbor we arrived early this morning.

I went up to the reception and was happy to know that I was able to get it. I went down to the car and took my luggage out of the trunk and went up to my assigned room that was on 18th floor. When I arrived in my room 1815 on 18th floor the room key didn’t work, so I had to go down to the reception again. I got the keys recoded and went up to the room and this time it turned out that the room was not cleaned, so I had to go down a second time with my luggage.

I went down to the reception again where they apologized about the in situation and they now had the problem that their booking system had collapsed. They tried to help me and they managed after some time to find a new room on the 17th floor. I went up for the third time and I was getting quite tired of going back and forth to the 17th and 18th floor. Just before I was going to put the key in the door the receptionist came running round the corner and said that something was wrong again. She said that the room was not cleaned and she had found another room for me two rooms further down. We went there both of us and opened the door in order to check what was to be my final destination. The room clean was okay and I left my luggage in order to see if Jamal was still there, but first I had to go to the reception and have a new set of keys to my coming room.

I had not been given the best of start of my stay in the hotel and when I came down to Jamal that had been waiting in the room for me in the car for more than 30 minutes I found him sleeping. I was back again at the hotel early afternoon when Joanne had taken me back after our lunch together with Jamal.

The hotel room I had been given had quite a nice view; not of the waterfront but the flipside of the skyscrapers and towards the airport area. The windows were great, they went from floor to the ceiling and since there were nobody in front of me I took all the curtains away so I could enjoy the view as much as possible.

Unfortunately I had to work all day from my hotel so I stayed in my room. The Wi-Fi was 10$ a day pr. connection so it cost me 20$ for 24 hours which I found pretty bad but the connection was on the other hand quite well working.

The room had a nice large king size bed and the desk was not bad. The office chair was a soft one that almost made me fell over backwards when I sat down the first time. The bathroom was large.
The hall
Towards the restaurant
My room
My room
Chokk says:
No way - I did not know that! Too bad
Posted on: May 20, 2012
andrejav says:
Buddy, I live 3 blocks from this hotel...
Ring next time...
Posted on: May 19, 2012
Chokk says:
It is always fun when its over - I was more sad that you had to wait for so long in the car ;D
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012
trav2there trav2the…
Showing its age Sep 15, 2012
Stayed one night before a cruise. Wanted close to the port and the Hilton is in a good location. Near a grocery store for last minute items and two chain burger joints directly across the street. First, the employees are top notch. Friendly, helpful, greeted by every one I saw. Answered my questions and tried to make me feel welcome, they are the best part of the hotel. Lobby and the bars are modern and nice. My room was on the 20th floor and had a great view with floor to ceiling windows, room was decent and clean. But it was dated and showing its age. Room just seemed old. Only ate at the bar but food was good and plentiful. And why cant the more expensive hotels have free internet in the rooms? You get it at cheaper hotels and it would be a good tool for getting guests. Recommend it and would stay there again for location and service but it felt not as my usual Hilton stays do.

Hilton Miami Downtown Overview

This Miami accommodation is located directly along Biscayne Bay and near to the Port of Miami, which means that guests here are centered and convenient to all that the city has to offer. The Hilton Downtown Miami is within steps of unique dining, entertainment, nightlife, live music, and shopping opportunities. Aside from the leisurely activities available at street level, the working crowd will enjoy close proximity to corporate strongholds and the key business districts of the downtown area. Destinations of notable importance include the Miami Seaquarium, South Beach, American Airlines Arena, and Bayside Marketplace. Guests of the Hilton Miami Downtown are within thirty minutes of the airport and have access to many modes of transportation at street level.

Wireless Internet access is available to guests of the Hilton in Miami Downtown for a fee. The hotel also offers satellite television, room service, valet laundry, work desks, and luxury bathroom and bedding appointments.

There are two bar options and multiple cuisines available at the Hilton Hotel in Miami Downtown, as well as a rooftop swimming pool, banquet and conference spaces, office capabilities, and a fitness center.

Hilton Miami Downtown Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ballroom
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower