Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Hilton Manchester Deansgate Rates and Deals

Hilton Manchester Deansgate Reviews

vicky_mcc vicky_mcc
Sleek and Modern Nov 10, 2012
My sister won a two night stay here in a raffle, and I was lucky enough to be her plus one and stay in this ultra modern city hotel.

Being students and unless we are staying with relatives who can afford to stay in such hotels, my sister and I were a bit taken aback at the level of luxury this place was, especially when we were paying absolutely nothing to stay there.

Being part of one of the tallest buildings in the Manchester landscape, this hotel is a grand place. Nearly all of the outside walls were made entirely of glass and everything was being very clean it made me feel a bit dirty disheveled. From our arrival, it was clear this is a hotel of luxury and style, which I felt I lacked somewhat, as I stepped in wearing old converses. However, all the staff were friendly and accommodating and the process of checking in was a pleasure rather than a chore.

Our room was nice, and would have been slightly disappointing in contrast to the grand, white reception if it weren't for the floor-to-ceiling window. Our view looked on local tram stop, not exactly breathtaking, but handy for when we ventured into town.

Other features of the hotel include a swimming pool in a glass box, which jutted out of the side of the building, well above the ground floor, and the trendy cocktail bar, Cloud 23.

If you think the view from your room is good, well the view from Cloud 23 is even better. My sister and I ventured up there one evening and we were immediately shown to a table by another floor-to-ceiling window and given the menu(without checking ID!). The menu contained a variety of cocktails with fancy names that neither of us had heard of at expensive prices. After picking a cocktail, we sipped them quietly, while observing the bar fill up with 20 and 30 something professionals and fashionistas. We felt out of place, being the youngest there by far, so we asked for the bill and left. It seems that we just weren't the sort of 'in crowd' that Cloud 23 is suited for. Great views, but we should have maybe gone when it was quieter.

Don't get me wrong, we both enjoyed our stay here, but as 17 and 18 year old students, I just couldn't shake off the feeling that we might have had a better time somewhere else, mucking in with people our own age. The service of the staff could not be faulted, all were very friendly and professional.If you do happen to be a 20/30 something professional with lots of money, then this place is great. But I'm sure that there are many other hotels which provide the same services with a smaller, and less modern, pricetag.
The floor-to-ceiling window at the…
The view from the Hilton Mancheste…
Me at Cloud 23, Hilton Manchester …
jdelaney jdelaney
The Hilton Manchester Jul 01, 2011
I stayed here just by chance really, using one of the websites where you don't get to find out which hotel you're in until after you've paid and booked it. Anyway, The Hilton is among the most famous hotels so I was pleasantly surprised and looking forward to my stay.

Upon arrival the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nice, with my favorite feature being the full wall window (there must be a name for these as that doesn't sound right).

The bathroom was nice, with a good powerful shower and spacious bath. There is a cocktail bar on the top floor called 'cloud 23' if i remember rightly, which is pretty cool, but expensive as you would expect. For the money I paid I expected to be wowed with all those little extra touches that surprise you and really make the difference when staying in hotels. I wasn't. It was clean and comfortable, but for the money you would expect more. It was mainly just a case of paying for the name i suspect.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate Overview

The Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester is located near the fashionable Deansgate shopping area of the city. There are numerous diversions of the commercial variety available in this section of the city. Some of the more popular Manchester attractions include the Manchester United Stadium and the Museum of Science and Industry. Guests will find the Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester is located approximately 25 minutes from the Manchester International Airport.

The Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester has just under 280 rooms available for hire. The rooms are provided with satellite television service and plasma televisions, minibars, direct-dial telephone service and safes. The rooms are decorated in a modern fashion and have floor-to-ceiling windows.

The Hilton Hotel Deansgate Manchester contains amenities which include a fitness center provided with a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. There is a restaurant located on the premises where guests can take their meals. There is also a bar located on the 23rd floor of the high-rise in which this hotel is located. There are conference facilities available for business or personal gatherings.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes