Hilton Houston North

Hilton Houston North Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Gunspoint Location Oct 09, 2011
First the positive:

I liked my room, it was large and clean. The beds were comfortable like every Hilton I've ever stayed in. I did make a reservation in an executive suite with access to the concierge lounge. I did get the access to the lounge.

The main area of the hotel was very large and nice. We ate at Vino our first night, which is right in the lobby area. The food was decent and the drinks were great. Our waitress was extremely awkward, but she seemed new.

Now the negative:

I was not given the room I ordered. I reserved a room specifically a suite with bar and small living room because I was spending a little over a week here. I asked the front desk and the first lady I spoke to said my reservation did not specify. I double checked after going back to my room and confirmed my reservation did actually specify.

The next morning I returned and asked about it again. They said there was none available. I asked for a refund on the upgraded price I paid, they claimed the room I was in was equal value. It was not. At that point, I let it go since my company was paying anyway.

The second problem was a shuttle service from the hotel to our course. We were told to meet at 7am to catch the shuttle, which we did and got to class over an hour early. There were 3 of us using the shuttle to get to this class. That evening we asked to move the morning departure time to 7:45am so we wouldn't be arriving over an hour early. The lady at the desk said the group taking the course requested that time and it could not be changed. The three of us that used the bus were there and I explained that all of us wanted the time changed. She said, nope. So we spent the week arriving over an hour early.

Also, each morning the concierge explained the bus would be there by 4:30pm to pick us up after class. Each day it was not there and there wasn't even a notice to the driver to get us. We usually had to wait around an extra hour before they arrived. After 2 days of being told it would arrive at 4:30 only to have it arrive around 6pm we decided to call ahead and make sure it was booked. That was when we found out the person at the desk who answered was extremely rude and refused to pass along a message that we needed a 4:30pm pickup. 5 days at this course and the bus arrived once on time to pick us up.

Lastly, the most important problem is the location. Greenspoint is affectionately known as Gunspoint by the locals due to its high crime rate, gangs, prostitution, etc... It is not a nice neighbourhood to walk around in, especially after dark. There may be an effort to clean up the area, but it isn't there yet. Not to mention this location is so far from EVERYTHING!
TMDallas TMDallas
Great affordable hotel Jun 20, 2011
This is a really nice Hilton for a not-so steep price. Paid $159 on a Monday night. Much cheaper than Galleria or Woodlands area. There is a mall across the street though it looks like it's near vacant.
Gabby27 Gabby27
Sep 06, 2010
Though we had no intention of being here in Houston we find ourselves comfortably set up at the Hilton North. The woman at the front desk was kind, energetic, and even humorous...which we needed after our long day of going no where. Since our luggage was out of reach at the airport and we have no access to our toiletries or clothes, she helped us out with toothbrushes and a few other essentials. We received a discount voucher from the airport for the inconvenience, the taxi ride here almost made up for it...$21 from the airport to here.

Comfy bed, fancy carpet, great bathroom...really, nice woman is the best part. I just want to get to Paris.

Oh we, ordered room service: duck spring rolls very good, fire bird chicken pasta also tasty, and prime rib steak...OK.

Hilton Houston North Overview

Backed by the Hilton name, the Hilton Hotel North Houston provides a central location. Numerous tourist attractions are nearby such as Minute Maid Park and the Sam Houston Race Park known for incredible thoroughbred horseracing. Guests of this Houston hotel are pampered with amenities such as an onsite restaurant for local and international cuisine, a bar, fitness center, pool, billiards room, and full-service business center. Getting to and from the Hilton Hotel North Houston is a breeze with the Bush Intercontinental Airport only 10 minutes away and the Houston Hobby Airport about 30 minutes. Guests are also provided with a free airport shuttled if needed.

Guestrooms at the Hilton Hotel North Houston are spacious, created with premium bedding, pillow top mattresses, designer chairs, and shower massages. The 480 rooms also come with cable television, high-speed Internet, and large work areas.

The Hilton Hotel North Houston is a beautifully renovated property with distinctive charm and upscale sophistication. Furnishings are elegant and the services luxurious. the hotel is built around a 45-foot atrium lobby designed with massive glass skylights and beautiful landscaping completes the ambience, and guests will enjoy the lobby Starbucks Café.

Hilton Houston North Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower