Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa

Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Rates and Deals

Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Hilton Head Island Reviews

spoiledmary spoiledm…
The last time we ever stay at a Marriott :-( Jul 19, 2009
We had the worst vacation ever. My husband had to work so he sent us for holidays with the intention to meet us at the end of it and extend the stay for another week. But we came home early instead and he could not do much having me on the phone every time we had a problem.

If you paid tru priceline (first time we ever use it but with challenged economy times, it made sense to us) As a priceline customer, you will be shown the worst room ever (169 a night does not buy much here) 12+ stains on the walls, broken TV table, broken refrigerator, broken A/C, dirty coffee machine and old towels.

I sent a note to the manager that same night to avoid the line in the lobby - it took 3 days after a call from my husband to get them to react and change our room to clean one with all items working but a big cockroach waiting for us in the closet. The hotel sent someone to kill it - we left the room and came back to find the poison in a bottle on top of our bathroom counter. (I have kids!!!!!)

The next night the fire alarm went on at night and while I gathered the kids in the lobby we had 4 versions of the reason why there was no fire.... my husband got a 5th version and I got a 6th version the next morning when they replied to my note of frustration and asking to check out. More fire alarms the next morning and more excuses to justify it .

I saw 3 more cockroaches by the pool the next day one next to the glass broken table and the broken chairs we could not use and the other guest who did not seem to mind the bugs and quality or the urine smell in the bathrooms - maybe busy with their coolers and home food supply (should they allow that in a resort?)

I went to the spa as I had 2 nights with no sleep and laid on the steam room thinking how messed up our vacation how I had plan to be in the spa every morning while the kids had room service breakfast,...... maybe I could still do it for a couple of days.... and then a huge cockroach climbed up my leg ....... that was the end of that

I left running and we gathered our things and left the next morning. This is no resort and the employees (bless their heart as we say in the South) offer only freebies rather than solutions and clear explanations... I am sorry to see a Marriott like this - we have used them for so many years around the world - I would have expected problems somewhere else but Hilton Head Island? I wish the city would take the opportunity to review the credentials of hotels more often (do they ever?) I would ask the Mayor to stay in room 601.

Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Overview

Discover Hilton Head's crown jewel at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa. Fresh from a multi-million dollar makeover, this world-class, pristine oceanfront Hilton Head Island resort's accommodations are ready to offer you an escape from the ordinary. With award-winning dining, three championship golf courses and a lavish new spa, this golf resort on Hilton Head Island is ready to serve. Named one of the Top 500 Hotels in the World by Travel Magazine in 2003, this Hilton Head luxury resort is now even more spectacular with its recent makeover. This Hilton Head hotel on the beach features premier amenities with something for everyone; it's a mecca for sports enthusiasts, families and those looking for a romantic getaway. Kids will especially enjoy the Nickelodeon Your Stay program offered at our Hilton Head Island resort. Choose from golf, 25 tennis courts, biking, parasailing, horseback riding and much more. The property offers easy access to local airports, shopping and popular tourist attractions.

Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes