Hilton Colon Quito

Hilton Colon Quito Rates and Deals

Hilton Colon Quito Reviews

pixie_power pixie_po…
Fancy but friendly Sep 07, 2013
I stayed here for two nigfhts before my G-adventures tour of the Galapgaos. It is far too fanmcy a place for the likes of myself who turned up with my backpack and old clothes, but it is a great place to stay. I was glad to be spending the first night of my three month trip to Soiuth America here to break me in gently to the idea of travelling!

I was driven to the hotel in a taxi, so I wouldn't be able to give direction unfortunately but the journey was about an hour as the traffic was bad. The hotel seems to be located in a busy commercial area, the shops around don't look especially high class but there's a little market outside and lots of internet cafes- I will go exploring later! My room was big and clean with a lovely bed and a safe deposit box, coffee maker, lots of towels, a TV... pretty much everything you'd need. You have to pay for internet in the room but its free downstairs in the lobby and there are public computers. I also went to the gym which was small but had everything you'd need. Breakfast was fine, a buffet with cereal, fruit, bread, the usual! The staff have all be lovely so far. Its not really a place for your average backpacker on a budget to crash but if you want to treat yourself, or if you're here on business or whatever for a night then its worth it!
mdfehmel mdfehmel
Decent Hotel in Quito Aug 06, 2012
On a recent business trip to Quito, Ecuador, I chose to stay in the Hilton instead of the J.W. Marriott to save a couple of bucks. The Hilton had a nice location, close to the nightlife district and the service was excellent and responsive. I stayed in the executive level, which was large and comfortable and the Internet connectivity was free and consistent. There was also plenty of storage space to get unpacked and place everything in drawers or closets. The hotel also featured the added security feature of having to place your key into the elevator in order to get to your floor which is good for piece of mind when you travel frequently. Although there were a couple of restaurants in the hotel (a local Ecuadorian restaurant and a Sushi bar), I did not eat in them and cannot review their quality, however I did use the Executive Lounge for breakfast a couple of times. There was a nice variety of offerings and the service was attentive. The lounge was small, but probably an appropriate size for the traffic it receives. I used the gym a couple of time too. It was a decent size and flanked the outdoor swimming pool, however, since the weather never really gets above 70 degrees or so, I can't imagine ever using it. At 9000 ft, I also had a hard time getting in my normal workout. I chose to use the treadmills (which were in a horrible location in the gym by the way) but if I wanted to, I could have crossed the street and ran around a sizable park which is apparently safe during daylight hours and is a popular running spot for locals. Although I don't have any severe complaints, I wouldn't mind trying the J.W. the next time that I'm in town. This wasn't the best Hilton I've stayed at.
View from Rm 1854, Hilton Colon, Q…
dts234 dts234
Great Spot in the Middle of the City Apr 06, 2008
I love this Hotel. When we got there we were immediatly whisked away to the 17th "executive level" floor for private check in. I guess traveling for work does has its privledges because we were treated like kings the entire time. The staff did there best to make sure we were comftrable. From English newspapers under my door to 30+ English channels everything about this Hotel was perfect. The concierge desk was available 24/7 for anything. The only reason I can't mark it as perfect in restrooms was that mine had a slight leak in the tolet, something I expect to not happen, however they came and fixed it right away. Great Service Recovery!! Hope you have as much fun there as I did.

Travel Tips:

-The Casino is small but addicting and located in the Lobby.

-Stay Away from the Santa Maria bar in the Lobby, it is overpriced and doesnt serve good drinks.

-Reserve your room at the executive level, private checkin/out, free breakfast, free drinks, free dinner!

-If you are staying more than 2 days buy the internet for the entire week other wise you will have a huge internet bill.
View from room on the 14th floor.
Front Entrance
pixie_power says:
hank you for the review, I'm staying here for acouple of nights before heading to the Galapagos and I wasn't sure what it would be like! sounds good though :)
Posted on: Feb 02, 2013
Amanda says:
Thank you so very much for this great review; I was 99% sure this is where I was going to stay, but this is so helpful to feel really good about it. Very helpful!!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010

Hilton Colon Quito Overview

Located in the middle of the city, this Quito hotel puts guests within easy walking distance of the Colonial Old Town and within a short drive of the Mariscal Sucre International Airport. The Hilton Colon Hotel Quito is also close to the Plaza El Quinde, the Middle of the World, the Plaza Las Americas; besides all this, the hotel is within easy walking distance of many restaurants and entertainment venues as well as the Quito shopping areas. The Hilton Colon Hotel Quito offers complimentary parking for guests who arrive by car. It is also close to plenty of public transportation options.

The rooms of this hotel include plenty of modern amenities, including televisions, free Internet access, and working desks. The Hilton Colon Hotel Quito’s rooms include en suite marble bathrooms, and the rooms all have big windows that open to let in the warm breezes.

The Hilton Colon Hotel Quito offers guests plenty of modern amenities, including an on-site bar, La Pinta, where guests can order interesting mixed drinks. The hotel has fifteen meeting rooms which can be used for private functions as well as business meetings; the rooms can hold a total of 700 people. Besides this, the hotel offers a gym and a swimming pool.

Hilton Colon Amenities

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Outdoor
  • Paid Parking
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Hilton Colon Quito

Straddling the world
Jan 16, 2005Flight: Quito to Baltra, TAME 190 (320)Hotel: Hilton Colon (Quito, Ecuador)Time to say goodbye to the Galapagos! We'd had a wonderful time here and really enjoyed the Xpedition. The ship …Quito to Baltra, TAME 190 (320) Hotel: Hilton Colon (Quito, Ecuador) Time to say goodbye to the Galapagos…

Check Hilton Colon Rates and Deals