Hilton Canopy

Reykjavik, Iceland
Hilton Canopy - the room is basically a bed.
Hilton Canopy - breakfast was good.  Note the green stuff.  That is Icelandic Guacomole with greenhouse grown plants.... it was delicious.
Hilton Canopy - room art
Hilton Canopy - view from the canopy
Hilton Canopy - some sexy art.  Better not do this in the USA
Hilton Canopy - this is the canopy.... a little wet today and an awesome concept for the summer
Hilton Canopy - our arrival gift for being gold members.  They also gave us some popcorn.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals

Hilton Canopy Reykjavik Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
Very nice Hotel - First of its brand Feb 16, 2017
The Hilton Canopy Reykjavik is the first of a new line of hotels by Hilton called the Canopy line. This hotel was simply fantastic. I booked it on the Hilton Black Friday / cyber monday deal, otherwise it is easily $300 - 400 a night. I stayed here the first night we were in Iceland.

After landing in Reykavik (and not sleeping on the short 5 1/2 hour plane flight) we found our Bus to the city. They took us first to the city bus station, then directly to the hotel - no transfer for us (which was good cause we were in zombie mode).

Upon arrival to the hotel we ran off the bus, and headed straight to the lobby. Good thing we did, because it was 8 am, and we just snagged the only room they had ready for occupants :)

The host was cute and great, and she gave us a giant block of icelandic chocolate that was made in madagascar :)

They also gave us a breakfast voucher, which is a good thing. The breakfast was a zoo, but we got some badly needed coffee and food in us. Also the bed was amazing, and I had a tough time awaking the wife to get her to go out and explore the city.

The hotel is called the "canopy" because it has a giant canopy overlooking the city. When the northern lights are available they have a viewing party up there.... it was cloudy the hole time we in iceland though :(

They also have an evening reception with samples of beer and local food. The local food was a gross pickled herring, i gave it a college try but its not my thing... sort of like medical school.

This hotel was fantastic, hopefully they open one of these in Houston and Shanghai and Rome.

Location was great, only thing that really could do better is the layout is a little confusing, a lot of elevators that go no where, and sort of has a cruise ship vibe. Note the hotel does not have parking.
view from the canopy
room art
this is the canopy.... a little we…
our arrival gift for being gold me…
Ils1976 says:
sounds like an amazing hotel, but I don't know if it is in my line of budget for a night
Posted on: Mar 19, 2017