Hilton Budapest (Buda side)

Budapest, Hungary

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Hilton Budapest (Buda side) Reviews

taberd1983 taberd19…
Hilton Budapest (Buda side) Aug 13, 2011
I was visiting Budapest for the first time and was looking for a good hotel. There were two choices of Hilton in Budapest, one on the Buda side up on the hill where the castle located, and the other on the Pest side, next to the train station and a big shopping mall.

Before I came to Budapest, I had mixed reviews on both hotels, some told me to stay on the Pest side and some told me to stay on Buda side. I made reservation to both Hiltons, and came into the Hilton on the Pest side first. The Hilton on the Pest side is more modern, but seemed small and claustrophic. Although it is next to a big shopping mall and a train station for convenience, I wasn't a fan of this hotel. After one look at the room, I asked the hotel to take me to the Hilton on Buda side, up on the hill.

Crossing the famous bridge, the trip to the Hilton Buda side is quite scenice. The hotel is located in the historical castle district, which is perfect for my short stay. The hotel used to be an old monastery that converted into a hotel and you can see some of the remnant of the old past.

The best part about the hotel was the beautiful stain glass off the Executive Lounge. The lounge was large and has plenty of good drinks and foods served all day long.

The rooms is nicely furnished...modern and comfort.

Because the hotel is located in the castle district and the famous bridge is down the hill, it was a perfect place to explore the city. There's also some nice restaurants and coffee house near by. Highly recommended.
HuBison says:
Nicer review-I guess I will have to research the difference and the reason why there is a Buda side and a Pest side.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2011