Hillside Guesthouse

Check Borjomi Hotel Deals

Hillside Guesthouse Borjomi Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Hillside Guesthouse Jun 06, 2015
On my 2 weeks trip through Eastern Turkey and Georgia in May/June 2015 I spent 4 nights in the Hillside Guesthouse in Borjomi (GE). I mainly chose it due to good reviews on the internet and its central location.

It is run by Niku and his mother, who rent out several rooms on two levels of their house to travellers. Two cats also belong to the guesthouse. Niku is quite a sociable person, speaks English quite well and also offers tours to the surrounding region. His mother speaks Russian and also prepares the breakfast.

I booked my first night through booking.com and then prolonged my stay accordingly. Most of the time I stayed in a twin room used as a single room, but as this room was once occupied by other guests I moved to the sitting room for one night. The latter cost 20 GEL and the twin room cost 36 GEL per night. Breakfast was an extra of 10 GEL.

Both my rooms were on the lower floor of the building. A shared bathroom with washing machine and a large kitchen was available for the guests here as well. WiFi was fast all around the house.

On all my 4 days I enjoyed the breakfast, which was a filling mix of Khachapuri (cheese filled bread), salad, sausages, eggs and much more. It was always a bit different and usually way too much for me.

The location of the Hillside Guesthouse in a residential neighbourhood at the end of a dead end street also offers the possibilitiy to sit outside and enjoy a relaxing break from travelling and sightseeing.

I liked the homely atmosphere and also the chance to get in contact with many other guests here. Among others I spoke to Russian, Latvian, French and German travellers.

Directions: The Hillside Guesthouse is situated on the left side of the river Mtkvari, about 400 metres from the bus station. The Local History Museum is a good orientation point. Everything in town can easily be reached on foot from the guesthouse.
Hillside Guesthouse
Hillside Guesthouse: My single room
Hillside Guesthouse: My twin room,…
Hillside Guesthouse: Bed in the si…
german_eagle says:
Looks and sounds like a nice place.
Posted on: Feb 09, 2017
Paulovic says:
Sounds very nice!
How much is is one GEL?
Posted on: Feb 07, 2017
Jo104 says:
nice to stay in almost a homestyle set up
Posted on: Feb 07, 2017