Hill and Sea View Ayurvedic Beach Resort

Check Kovalam Hotel Deals

Hill and Sea View Ayurvedic Beach Resort Kovalam Reviews

Cho Cho
Best view of the Arabian Sea Feb 26, 2013
We found this hotel on the internet and although there were some bad reviews about the place we decided to give it a try as the room rates looked reasonable. As we were there a couple of years ago, I am sure some things have changed since then. My review here is what we experienced when we there for 3 days.

My first impression of the hotel was not very good as they had failed on their promise of picking us up at Trivandrum airport. Our taxi driver also had a hard time finding the place as it was situated on a hill (as in its name), and when we finally found it we had to enter through the side door. The young fellow at the front desk made up for the no-show hotel taxi by upgrading us to a de-luxe sea view room, and my negative feelings about the place slowly subsided when we saw the room. It was indeed a very nice room with a large balcony overlooking the sea! The scenery from the balcony was a sight to behold, and this marvelous view will remain etched in my memory forever!

There was a swinging chair in the balcony plus regular chairs, and it was so relaxing to just sit there and take in the splendid scene below us. We had breakfast there every morning and a couple of dinners too.

Our room was cleaned everyday, and towels changed in the bathroom also. However, we did have to wait a while for our meals and we would wonder whether the food was being cooked outside the hotel premises. Wi-fi service was not working in the room and I had to go down to the reception desk for internet connection. But who cares much about being online when you are on vacation at a beautiful beach resort!

Another drawback when we were there was the stairway leading down to the beach. It was still being constructed at that time, and we had to literally step by step, go down and come up by holding on to the rope handrail. However, I am certain the situation has changed by now, and there must be a regular staircase built already.

Laundry service was also available and the boys at the front desk were always smiling and friendly whenever we were down there. In fact, we used the hotel cab for our sight seeing in Trivandrum city, and also to take us to the airport when we left. All of the hotel staff, including the driver spoke good English.

So, despite the few problems mentioned above, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hill & Sea View Resort. I would even go further to say that this is one of the best hotels with the most breathtaking view, I have ever stayed in!
View of hotel from below
Our room
Another view of hotel taken from t…
Me on the swinging chair of the ba…
sUrAbUyA sUrAbUyA
A View With A Room Oct 19, 2010
This has to be my now all time favorite place to stay. High on a coconut tree covered cliff we had incredible panoramic views from our glassed in balcony of the Arabian Sea.

The room and bathroom were clean and linens changed daily. The food was really good altho the restaurant was under some renovation so they preferred that we use room service. No problem with eating on our own balcony with that view. Sunsets were gorgeous watching them from the swing or rocking chairs.The staff was friendly and very helpful with info and arranging any transportation. If you choose to walk there are picturesque stairs down to the village,beach and lighthouse.

They do offer ayurvedic treatments etc which can be checked out on their website. www.hillnseaview.in

A pool is under construction.
the view
The comfy bed
jeanh2 says:
Did you go for any Ayurvedic treatments Cho. I'm thinking og going back to India for that reason, a sort of Ayurvedic health trip, and it would be good to have some recommendations ...
Posted on: Feb 26, 2013