Hill Country Barbecue Market

(212) 255-4544 ext. 10

Hill Country Barbecue Market New York Reviews

tktheworldtraveler tkthewor…
For a Price, you get good food! Apr 04, 2016
So my friend Nelson (travbuddy profile : NdoubleU) and I went to this restaurant. Unlike the title, the one that I am reviewing is in Downtown Brooklyn and not in Manhattan. Anyway the ambiance of the restaurant is ideal. It is a nice restaurant, but not so upscale that you would feel uncomfortable wearing jeans there. When you come in you are immediately greeted by a bar, then the restaurant expands to several different lines. The way that the restaurant operates is that you order your food and it is then given to you... it would probably be best described as a buffet in which you are served. The meat is fresh and already cooked. The smell of bbq envelopes the entire restaurant which can be a good or bad thing for people. The meat is served by weight so you determine how much you want, than select your sides.

I ordered 1 1/2 pounds of wings, cornbread (they don't sell fries) and macaroni and this came up to roughly $30. That would give you an idea of the prices, somewhat expensive but yes I would recommend it for anyone visiting Brooklyn.
Wings, Mac and Cornbread a nice me…
Eboogzs Eboogzs
Great BBQ in the City Jul 24, 2011
I must say, I’m not a fan of places where it’s all about eating big slabs of meat, but Hill country BBQ won me over. I don’t eat Red Meat or pork so my options here were very limited, but the Beer-Can hen was a must.

So when you walk in, depending on the day, its usually madness so a reservation is highly recommended. Especially when a big sports game is on. I recommend, as you wait, that you stop at the bar and have a texas tornado which uses Sweet Tea Vodka, or a Jack Daniels lemonade.

So the way this place works is that you get a food card. Then you go to different stations in the restaurant to pick up different food you want. Meat, you order by the pound unless you get the beer-can hen which I highly recommend. It’s a whole Cornish hen back with a beer-can in it that is filled with spices so that the spices are infused inside the hen. It’s so tender and flavorful. They slap your meat on a piece of paper with 2 slices of white bread and you move on.

Then after your meat, you move to your sides station. They have Mac and Cheese (though this is too Kraft Cheese for me, more Texas Mac than down-south mac), Green Bean casserole, potato salad, mash, cornbread, etc. Once you get all your food, you sit at your table and devour it.

It’s jus a fantastic experience.

Check New York Hotel Deals