Highbridge House

Check New York Hotel Deals

Highbridge House New York Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Maybe not the best location but great hostel - Highbridge House Sep 07, 2007
When I went to NYC, I was supposed to stay there just for 2 days, but I ended staying longer. The 3 extra days, my friend wouldn't be in town. So I looked for a hostel desperately and found this one.

Well, you are in NYC so don't expect a hostel cheap, but it was cheap compared to staying in a hotel.

The only thing that wasn't very good was the location. It's located in Harlem. I didn't have any idea how dangerous it could be. When I was back home and telling about that to a friend, she told me it could have been dangerous. Well, if you use your common sense you'll be safe almost everywhere. So, the neighborhood isn't very nice, but you have cheap restaurants nearby, a supermarket, drugstore, a park and the metro station is just 2 blocks away, so you can move easily.

The hostel was clean and safe. The dorms were comfortable, each of them has a private kitchenette full equipped, a fridge and also a private bathroom. The dorms have 2 rooms. The 1st one with the kitchenette and 6 beds and the other with other 6 beds and the bathroom. They supply sheets and also towels.

I didn't think the hostel was loud or didn't I notice it???

They didn't serve breakfast, but you had a fridge in your room, so you can storage whatever you want. Also they have wifi and a computer with internet service. They have a living room with the tv, dvd, where you can chill out.

But what I liked the most was the friendly staff. I called them and showed up. I would stay just for 1 night but ended staying 3. They were full, but made their best to find place for me and were very helpful. I met nice people there and didn't care about the location.
comon area