Hertz at Keflavik Airport

Hertz at Keflavik Airport - The Hertz rental

Hertz at Keflavik Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice and quick Jan 08, 2011
Lately I have mostly been booking my cars at Hertz and so I did also for my Icelandic visit. After I left the arrival area I looked briefly for the car rentals and found it to the left of the exit. The Hertz was the first one on the corner.

I found a lady sitting there and asked if my car was ready. She looked at me quite surprised; a looked that I didn’t expect or liked. It turned out that when I upgraded the car I had accidently change the pickup location to the domestic airport.

She laughed and said that I was far from the first time she had seen that and it was no problem because she had a fair amount of cars and even the one that I had booked; a Toyota RAV 4. She was really sweet and friendly and I asked about the weather and the road conditions and she answered that I was lucky that I didn’t arrive the day before. They had more than 40 meters per second wind and -10 degrees with snow and under-cooled rain; it had been completely impossible. She said that the country had been put 2000 years back in one day, so I didn’t know what to expect.

I got the keys and headed for the car which was situated at the parking which was furthest away and for the first time I felt the cold of Iceland. The car was nice and I put in my luggage and turned on my GPS and I was on my way to Reykjavik.

When I delivered my car I had to do it 500 meters from the departure area at an area where all cars had to be dropped off. The handover went quite fast and I the guy drove me to the departure area as soon as he had checked the car.
The car rental area seen from Hertz
The Hertz rental
The Toyota RAV4
The Toyota RAV4
Chokk says:
I have a Garmin 3970 with voice command. It is quite good. It has good maps in almost all countries in Europe - even Balkan and Baltic
Posted on: Jan 16, 2011
huibdos says:
Your review gives a good feeling: Hertz and GPS. What GPS are you using? My TomTom has no map of Iceland.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2011