Hertz, Pearson Airport, Toronto

Terminal 1, Toronto, Canada

Hertz, Pearson Airport, Toronto Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice fast service and nice cars Aug 20, 2011
I had rented a car in the airport by Hertz but when I came there they could not find my booking or let’s say it was not prepared. For some reason they stated that my credit card was not valid for the booking even though I had it confirmed by Hertz themselves 48 hours prior to my arrival in Toronto.

Anyway they got it fixed without any problems and then tried to find a car to my liking. I had booked a midsize SUV and they wanted to give me a Volvo S80, which is a nice car but not what I wanted. They managed after some back and forwards to give me a Ford Escape that had done 5000 km and I took that. To me it made no sense to drive a European car in Canada and America. There you need a large SUV type of car some you are blown of the freeways by a Mack monster truck!

The car came without GPS with I had refused to pay for because I found the price ridiculous expensive and I had therefore downloaded the entire map of USA and Canada on my Garmin GPS or so I thought. When I finally mad it work in the car I found that it had 2 roads in the Toronto area, which naturally wasn’t according to the truth. I later downloaded tomtom on my iPhone and that work perfect with a holder that I had to buy as well.

The car was really nice to drive even though it only could handle 55 liters of gasoline, which meant that I had to fill it up almost every day at least one time. I drove in all 6000 km in the car and I was really pleased with it.
My rental - a Ford Escape