Hertz Dublin Airport

Phone +353 1 844 5466

Hertz Dublin Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Hertz Dublin Airport Jun 01, 2008
I have now rented cars in many airports and even if I almost use the same company every time I am amazed by the differences that I experience.

In Dublin Airport the delivery of the car was one of the fastest and best processes I have seen from Hertz. It was many times faster than anything I had seen before, and I even managed to have a double upgrade of the car.

The office is situated very close to the exit from the planes and the speed of the staff made it very fast to get the car. Picking up the car was not that far away, and everything worked smoothly.

Entering a car with the steering wheel in the other side was another story. I was amazed how routine the entry of a car is when you find that you have the need to do the opposite. I managed to test the gears and rolling down the right window. The inside of the car was full of stickers reminding me of the left side driving. I found that they had done a good job with this.

Returning the car in the airport was a completely other story. I was not in great time and I was totally surprised by the distance from the airport and the departure terminal. I had to drive the car approx 2 km away from the airport where a nice girl handled the takeover in a jiffy. But then I had to wait for a bus to pick me up and drive me to the airport.

The bus came after 10 minutes but since there were cars arriving all the time the bus was wait to take everybody along. This took another 10-15 min and then there was a 5 minute drive to the departure area. All in all I lost up to 25 minutes on this operation with is a lot for someone like me always arriving late in the airport.

I found the price of renting a car in Ireland cheap compared to other countries.

Fast out and slow in, is the conclusion for Hertz Dublin Airport.
My Rental car
Chokk says:
Yeah, they have probably been moved away from the entrance due to success of Dublin airport - last time I was in Dublin I saw this aswell because I rented from another company that also had been moved
Posted on: Jul 19, 2013
fransglobal says:
I was there last night with someone renting. We had to go to the place far from airport by bus to collect car and it was very slow when we got there...Took about 45 minutes from leaving the arrivals hall in airport to driving away...
Posted on: Jul 19, 2013
dothoin says:
always get full insurance because no matter how safe you are there are always idiots on the road who drive recklessly and don't think of others
Posted on: Dec 25, 2009