Hertz Car rental in Dubai

Dubai International airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+9714 2060206 - FAX +9714 2060216
Hertz Car rental in Dubai - My rental Camry on the way to Dubai for the first time
Hertz Car rental in Dubai - My rental Camry at the first hotel
Hertz Car rental in Dubai - The Hertz booth
Hertz Car rental in Dubai - The return booth at the Dubai International Airport

Hertz Car rental in Dubai Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Good value for the money Feb 09, 2011
I had rented a car at Hertz but I was there more than one hour too early so my car was not ready. I had booked a small SUV from Honda because I had planned to drive some dusty roads in Oman during my short stay. All the car rentals were situated in arrival area and there were loads of local vendors, all of them occupying a small booth.

The guy handling my case was a Brit, and he was pretty fast even though his computer system didn’t work as it should. He told me that my car wouldn’t be ready before 1½ hour but if I wanted to leave right away I could get a Toyota Camry and then come back and change it later that day. Not having slept I asked if I couldn’t keep the Camry for the whole period, which turned out to not be a problem.

I told him about my plans to visit Oman and he gave me an insurance paper that I had to show at the border control. I asked if I could have a GPS but it was not possible; they were all out. I finished my paperwork and one of the other guys followed me to the parking lot which was situated some 500 meters away from the booth.

The car was okay and I asked him for direction of my hotel and said goodbye. The process of getting the car had gone pretty well.

Returning the car again was not as easy; first of all driving around in Dubai looking for specific thing without map or a GPS is not the easiest in the world and finding the car rental return without them making signs for it is not the easiest thing in the world.

The return parking is at Terminal 1 at Parking A1 but you have to drive on first floor and nothing indicates this and it is at another parking house than where you pick up the car.

At the parking you have all the vendors and if you are not lucky that yours is there you have to call the service centre for a gay to come and make the handover. I was in good time so I didn’t mind; otherwise the handover went smooth.

All in all it had been a good experience; the car had went well and the price was more than fair compared to many other countries and the petrol was pretty cheap on top of that.
The Hertz booth
My rental Camry at the first hotel
My rental Camry on the way to Duba…
The return booth at the Dubai Inte…
Chokk says:
Yeah - I saw them; there were quite a lot of them!

I hated the buzzer and it made me stay well beyound the 120 marker all the time.

The worst thing was all the bumps that they had made on the roads
Chokk says:
Yeah - I saw them they were everywhere! I hated the buzzer but it just made me stay on the other side of 120 all the time :D

At Hertz they told me not to pay any fines because if I payed them at Hertz I could manage to only pay 10% - I never got the point of this but I didnt get any fines - I think
vances says:
So I am confident you didn't get pulled over by any police officers --- but did you notice the silver 'speed monitor boxes' along the highways?

What did you think of the buzzer that sounded when going faster than 120kmh?

Check Dubai Hotel Deals