Herlig land

Herlig land - Outdoor dining

Herlig land Kristiansand Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Completely lack of customer service Feb 24, 2010
The restaurant Herlig Land (meaning wonderful country) is located very conveniently on the main street in the small town of Kristiansand. I have passed this place several times and decided to finally stop by for a bit to eat.

I entered the restaurant and picked a table by the window (you seat yourself in this restaurant). I was waiting and waiting and waiting, but noone came over with a menu. I got up and fetched one myself from the counter. Still noone came over. At this point I was curious to see how long it would take before a waiter finally would find time to show me some attention. A group of people entered, got a table, order and was served drinks before I was even noticed. Now I had been waiting for 20 minutes and the restaurant was not busy. My patience was coming to an end. I manged to get a waitress attention and asked if it was possible to order food in this restaurant. I was very anoyed. The waitress said that she was sorry, but her excuse was that the different waiters had different tables. That was not good enough for me. As a guest I don´t care who´s table it is (it turned out to be hers). The only reason why I did not just get up and walk out the door was my interest in checking out the menu.

They serve soup, salad, pizza and mains such as chicken, salmon, beef and even deer. I was not too adventurous and went for a Caesar pizza. A different kind of pizza, but very tasty. It was the italien style with the thin crust. When I was finally able to order, the food came within minutes, so I guess they have the real italian pizza oven.

For the complete lack of service and attention I would have appreciated a discount or a free drink, but no such a ting. A typical attitude in a midrange Norwegian restaurant I´m afraid.

The Herlig Land restaurant has a warm athmosphere. If you are just interested in the food and don´t care about the complete lack of service and attention, it´s an okey place to eat.

I noticed in the yellow pages that it said ”this restaurant does not accept reviews”. Guess I know why!
Restaurant Herlig Land
Outdoor dining
Inside the restaurant
sarahsan says:
Yeah, you are so right Christian! Time to let people know what its all about!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2010
Chokk says:
This restaurant does not accept reviews - ha,ha; that is a bloody good one!!!

AND GUESS WHAT! YOU LOOSE BECAUSE SARAH MADE ONE!!!!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2010
sarahsan says:
You are right about that Ian!
Posted on: Apr 21, 2010