Herlev Kro Rates and Deals
Herlev Kro Reviews
Quality place to stay in a quiet suburb Mar 14, 2008
I was staying at the hotel for 6 nights while in Denmark on business and enjoyed my entire time there.
- All the concierge are helpful and pleasant to talk to.
- Breakfast is included and offers quite a good variety of food.
- Hotel restaurant food was great in my experience and the service fast.
- There is a computer available with access to internet, a bonus for those that do not have a computer with them on their trip.
- There is a WiFi connection in the hotel, free of charge. However, the quality is very spotty and my computer could not hold the connection steady for more than 4-5 minutes at a time. Every time it disconnected, I had to retype the login/password which is quite frustrating. As a business traveler, Internet connection is important to me.
- The bathroom floors are heated! One of the little pleasures of waking up in the morning was that I didn't have to float above the cold tiles. Wish all the hotels had that.
- The subway station was not too far away, although coming back from the city late at night, the walk surely makes you wake up.
- Most taxis find the place just fine, but I had two times when a taxi from Copenhagen could not find it for a good 10 minutes, just driving around.
- For people traveling with kids, there is a little play area on the first floor
- There are several stores nearby, including a grocery store.
- A few restaurants are also nearby, from a fast food type to a quality sit down place.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Herlev Kro Overview
56 rooms all with free wireless Internet. Rooms in two categories according to the criteria for 3 and 4 stars. Some rooms with handicap facilities. Possibility of rooms for smokers. Weekend and holiday offers. Cosy banqueting rooms with room for up to 60 persons. Facilities for small meetings and courses. Free parking in the parking basement. Bus and S-train within walking distance.
Today Herlev is a Copenhagen suburb but 300 years ago it was a small village named Herloev. It was situated at some distance from the capital in northwesterly direction. In the village there was of course a royally licensed inn - and apparently this was not always a quiet place.
Since then both the village and the inn have changed quite a lot. The old facade of the inn has been preserved on the one side but on the other side Herloev Kro Hotel looks like a modern city hotel. The new building is from 2000 but it has been harmoniously combined with the old house. And the good old inn atmosphere still prevails. The hospitality of ancient times when it was all about entertaining travellers by horse and carriage on their way to and from the capital is still a top priority.
Just like in the old times the important thing is to prepare and to serve good food. The food in the restaurant of the hotel called Leslie is always freshly made from the best ingredients. If the kitchen is busy you must be a little patient because the restaurant of the hotel takes a pride in serving a well-cooked meal every time.
In many ways Herlev is still a small town in the province with the inn- the pedestrian street and the pond in the middle. But thanks to modern transportation you are only 20 minutes from the centre of Copenhagen. Therefore Herloev Kro Hotel is ideal for both business people and tourists who wish to stay in peaceful surroundings without traffic noise - and yet very close to the metropolis.
Herlev Kro Amenities