Heritance Kandalama

Check Dambulla Hotel Deals

Heritance Kandalama Dambulla Reviews

uash uash
Most memorable place Jun 22, 2013
I went to kandalama Heritance in 2008 .it is a 5 star hotel in sri lanka .I had a good time their with my husband.we had nice meals and great view from there.

Wonderful hotel. I could feel the essence of Jeoffrey Bawa's works fusing natural environment with modern forms. So pleasurable place... beautiful sunrise from the open and aboveboard Bathroom, Lake kandalama view from the horizontal pool, staff hospitality.. beautiful..

The stay was calm and relaxing. The food was good. The only thing that needs to be updated are the signs along the road. There is one sign for Heritance Kandalama, the rest simply say Kandalama Hotel. Designed by ,great designer. Environment and Interior Space Design mixed together perfectly. Many monkeys played at my balcony. Service is good.
ShaaaaaaAsh says:
Seems really interesting, i would like to go here
Posted on: Jul 16, 2013
Tanu Tanu
Kandalama... Wow... Just wow... Nov 12, 2013
It was the first time I spent a night at this magnificent hotel in the heart of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, and have just one word for it - WOW!!!

I say magnificent because in any way you can possibly think of, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it... Mind you, I am not a nit picker when it comes to hotels, but I can certainly tell when something is right and wrong... And I'm pretty certain that by most standards, this hotel easily lives up to its 5 star status.

Being a local, I had always heard tales of how amazing this hotel was... Among the locals, this place is generally considered to be one of the nicest hotels in the country, but also as one of the more expensive.

With respect to the cost and value of staying here, by Sri Lanka's standards, it is somewhat expensive (but definitely not as expensive as some of the other hotels around. However, it is definitely worth every cent you pay, and even more, I would say, for all it offers.

The hotel is situated in a great location that is not too far away from the nearest town (Dambulla), and not very difficult to get to. The surroundings are amazing, as the hotel is built to blend almost perfectly into the mountainside, and overlooks the Sigiriya rock fortress on one side, and the splendid Kandalama lake on the other. The areas surrounding the hotel have a semblance of a natural jungle scape, with an abundance of wildlife in the vicinity.

The hotel was very well maintained and rooms and other areas were kept clean and tidy by the staff at all times I was there.

As would be expected of a 5 star hotel, all the basic amenities are available for guests, including three swimming pools, a library, gym, hotel wide WiFi access, a spa, as well as several drinking and dining options.

The beds in the rooms are large and comfortable, and linen and blankets are also very conducive to a restful sleep.

Bathrooms are well planned and spacious, and are also kept clean and well stocked with towels etc., by the staff of the hotel.

The service of all the hotel staff was A-grade, and the prompt, helpful and obliging manner in which they perform their duties is truly pleasing.

In addition to the above, I must make special mention of the INCREDIBLE buffet that was spread out at mealtimes. Not only were the dishes extremely tasty, but the variety and menu combinations were amazing. No two meals had the same dishes, and every mealtime left me wishing I had more room in my stomach!

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting this part of the island, as it gives great value for money, and a wonderful hotel stay experience. Also, in addition to it being a convenient intermediate stop on the way to other destinations in Sri Lanka (Anuradhapura, Minneriya, Polonnaruwa & Trincomalee), it is a good hub to visit the main attractions in the area, such as the Sigiriya rock fortress, Dambulla cave temple, etc.

To all who decide to stay at the Heritance Kandalama, I have no doubt you will enjoy your stay.

Check Dambulla Hotel Deals