AsiaIndiaAgraAgra Hotels

Check Agra Hotel Deals

Heritage Home Agra Reviews

ratu ratu
Amazing owner Apr 16, 2011
I took this place because of TB TravelinChic review, it was a goal from her, thanx deary!

This place is not located on the best place but only 100 IDR will drive you to the Taj Mahal

They don't have many amenities except AC, wc and Tv.

The main value is the owner, they let you all facilities and even seat with you and I'm pleased to learn so much about indian culture just talking with the Sij Owner

We paid 1500Idr, for 1 night room, breakfast, internet...
TravellinChic Travelli…
Home feel stay Dec 11, 2010
I found this online from tripadvisor and this is highly recommended with excellent ratings by it's previous guests so I decided to book it.

There is no facility to make advance payment for confirmed booking and after an initial contact with the owner they confirmed our booking and said we could pay during check-out.

The autorickshaw we hired didnt easily find this but after a while, we finally did. I met Mr Singh and his wife who immediately showed us inside. They just quickly asked us to fill up some data sheet which is suppoosed to be submitted to the government and after that we were already shown to our nice big room :)

It's clean and the bathroom is clean as well.

There are no complimentary water or toiletries as this is a home stay but for the price of Rs1200 which includes breakfast for 2 pax, this is very cheap already and a very good deal!

We just left our bags and went out for sightseeing. When we got back in the evening, I paid Mr Singh the room fee bec we will be leaving early morning the following day.

His father saw me talking with him and learning that I'm in India to attend a friend's wedding, he offered to show me his daughter's wedding photos.

He asked me to follow him on the receivng area and talked to me about the process of getting married the "arranged" way. They posted an ad for thei daughter, selected a suitable candidate, introduced to their daughter and after both parties agreed, they started the wedding programme. Their family is a Sikh and so the wedding celebration is according to their custom.

During the story telling, he was reminded about an engagement he has to go to, to which he replied that they should tell him that Papa (him) is still talking with a guest. He said he could go later :P

He explained the rituals and the accessories and why they do the same time he would ask how it's similar or different with my own culture.

He is a very sweet old man and that gesture is very nice and I feel like being welcomed to their family. After he finished with his story and ending with how much he missed his daughter who is now in Australia, he went to go out to the Mosque where he's expected to come.

I was told in the evening that it's not possible to offer us breakfast bec we are leaving too early at 5.15am and at the most, they could offer us toast and butter/jam. I told them it's too bad coz I love eggs for breakfast.

The following morning, when I went down to the dining area, I was greeted by the uncle of Mr Singh who immediately asked me if I want coffee or tea. I said coffee and he asked if I want toast and eggs. I was surprised! I said, if it's ok, I would love that. He asked how I want it and I said sunny side up. He went about and after some time, voila! I was given 2 eggs for breakfast and enjoyed it with the toast and butter and my hot coffee! As the toast were about to be finished, uncle asked if we wanted more toast for which I said ok and he prepared more and I am so happy! First because it's unexpected, 2nd bec it was an extra effort for them to wake up early and fix us food, 3rd bec I just love eggs with bread for breakfast!

After a while, we were told our ride to go to the train station has arrived and we quickly went up our feet. Because I havent finished my coffe, uncle said we should put my coffee in a disposable cup so i could bring it with me. How thoughtful! He was sooo kind! I feel like I'm truly a family member and not just an overnight guest!

They are so warm and kind and the room is very cheap esp for the value you're getting!

I highly recommend this place and wish i could have stayed longer to enjoy more of the family's hospitality! I will stay again here if I'm in Agra! :)

Check Agra Hotel Deals