Herald Square Hotel

Herald Square Hotel Rates and Deals

Herald Square Hotel New York Reviews

kat307 kat307
Comfortable, basic, great location! Sep 22, 2009
I stayed at the Herald Square Hotel for 8 nights in September 2009. I was travelling alone and had a small room to myself with an en suite bathroom and a double bed. It is a basic hotel, but very comfortable and clean. My bed was very big and the bathroom was spotless. My view was terrible - an airshaft, but I was only there to sleep and shower so a view was not a priority to me. My room had a flatscreen TV with lots of channels including HBO. This was good for nights I was tired and wanted to stay in and also for checking the weather in the morning as my airshaft view gave me no clue! The staff were friendly and helpful, I had no problems with them. There was high speed internet available at $1 per 5 minutes which I used a couple of times without any problems. I was told by staff that there were hot drinks available in the lobby, but I never used this facility, but I often saw people sat in the seating area around the drinks machine. The location of the hotel was probably the best thing, right in the heart of midtown, a few blocks from the Empire State Building and Madison Square Gardens. Perfect if you need to pop back to drop off your shopping bags or get changed for dinner without wasting too much time. Also very near to a few subway stops, which I used often. If I had any complaints it would be that there seemed to be some building work going on in some rooms near me and a few mornings I heard loud banging and various other noises. This wasn't a major problem for me as I got up early most days, but some would find it irritating. Maybe check your room is not near any building if you feel this would bother you. Overall, I enjoyed my stay, it was expensive to me, worked out about £100 per night including tax, but I think for New York and for what you are getting (eg. comfy, clean, great location) that is a bargain!

Herald Square Hotel Overview

This New York hotel is located in close proximity to many of New York’s greatest sights, including Central Park, Times Square, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York City Library, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Battery Park, the Empire State Building, the shopping on Fifth Avenue, the Chrysler Building, Grand Central Station, and Lincoln Center. The Herald Square Hotel is located within minutes of each of the city’s 3 international airports. There is a shuttle service to and from the hotel from any of the airports, as well as ample public transportation in the form of buses, trains, and subways. Taxi services are plentiful, and many attractions are within walking distance from the hotel.

Guest rooms at the Herald Square Hotel include many comforts, including an in-room safe, cable television, irons and ironing boards, clock radios, coffee and tea machines, high-speed Internet services, hair dryers, and complimentary toiletries.

The Herald Square Hotel offers many amenities to its guests, including wireless Internet connections, laundry and dry cleaning services, business machines, safe deposit boxes, room service, and a 24-hour reception staff.

Herald Square Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Garden
  • Computer
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower