Her Majesty Margrethe II Queen of Denmark.

Amalienborg, Copenhagen, Denmark

Her Majesty Margrethe II Queen of Denmark. Copenhagen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
the 75th birthday of Her Majesty Margrethe II Queen of Denmark. Apr 16, 2015
Today is one of my Queen birthday – the 75th birthday of Her Majesty Margrethe II Queen of Denmark.

I feel it is my honour and duty to celebrate her birthday with thousands other Danish people.

I have been ready and out from my apartment since 10.30 am and head straight toward the Amaliaborg Palace where the Queen reside. I stop to feed the ducks and birds at the lake on the way to the Palace.

Thousands of people already flock in front of the Palace and at first I could not see anything – not even the guard in front of the Palace. After half an hour standing, I was considering to call it a day since I could not move further up the line nor see the Palace balcony. I was stuck behind a big man with a small kid on his shoulder.

Luckily, closer to midday (just before twelve o clock), the crowd of people able to move further closer to the Palace and I managed to see the Amaliaborg and it is balcony clearly.

At 12 o’clock on the dot, the Queen appear at the middle of the balcony and wave to the crowd. We, who have been waiting for her to appear, waved like crazy with the flags or just with our hand. We chant and congrats her on the birthday.

The Queen’s son – both Prince and family appear at the other balcony and wave to the crowd as well.

It was a moment, I feel exhilarate, proud and happy to be one of the happies nation on earth and wish my Queen all the best.

After that the HM the Queen and the HRH the Prince Consort taken to Copenhagen City Hall by horse drawn carriage escorted by the Royal Horse Guard.

It was beautiful procession and I feel lucky to be there. I did not follow the horse carriage as too many people on the street and impossible to catch the carriage.

I said goodbye and head out to the restaurant having lunch.

If you happen to be in Copenhagen during the Queen Birthday, it is worth it. Many people on the street however they were all friendly and full of smiles and joy.
Her Majesty the Queen Margrethe II
the schedule of the horse carriage…
the life of the Queen
this is when I first arrived at th…
cotton_foam says:
this is awesome, Yunni!
Posted on: Feb 13, 2016
Ils1976 says:
it was even on the Belgian news, she looks so graceful, you can surely be proud!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2015