Hen House

Toronto Rd & I-55, Springfield, IL, USA

Hen House Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Home Cookin' Jun 03, 2010
No frills, nothing fancy, just real down-home cookin’ where breakfast is served all day long. The Hen House, located just off Toronto Road, is one of the best places to eat. It was a reminder of my childhood; we used to eat at our local Hen House every Sunday morning, but it closed probably twenty years ago.

Seating is somewhat limited, and the place is always busy. The food is really good, and quite hearty. I got the western omelet served with hashbrowns and biscuits. The omelet was cooked just right, without the eggs being runny and the hashbrowns were exactly how I like them, actually a little mushy with several crispy potatoes, as well. Someone else got the roast beef manhattan and it looked especially good, too.

Related Travel Blogs About Hen House

Done and Over With!
I’m so glad that’s over.  I’m officially leaving Springfield today.  I couldn’t be happier! *****To say thank you to my friends and family for helping me move, I went and got the S…Springfield behind.   On our way out, we stopped at the Hen House to eat lunch.   This restaurant was right…

Check Springfield Hotel Deals