Hemingway Lounge

13 Rotfeder-Ring, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Hemingway Lounge Frankfurt am Main Reviews

dahling dahling
Brunch with an atmosphere Jul 05, 2008
The Hemingway Lounge is a nice set-up overlooking the Main River. There is seating on two levels and the interior is set up to make you think you are somewhere in the Florida Keys. If it would not be for the German rain - one could almost imagine you were there.

We went for brunch - the food was very good, but way, way, way too many people. THe buffet is set up on the upper floor, so if you reserve a table try to get one upstairs.

The line for the buffet - well it reminded me on the security checks at the airport. It took me a while to get to the food, the eggs were cold and the veggies I had my eyes, were gone by the time I got to them. They did refill the buffet - but I did not feel like standing in line again. I thought the line would slow down, but it took almost 45 minutes, before the lines were gone down to about 5 people.

The buffet had a large variety of food, which explains the high price, but breakfast buffets in Germany are in general rather expensive and to no comparison what you would get in the US for much less.

If you do not mind waiting in lines and crowded places, the lounge is a very nice place to eat. Having cocktails for breakfast is also something that you cannot find everywhere. Unfortunately it is not easy to get to by foot.

If you do come by car on the weekend you can use the garage, just get your ticket stamped before you leave.

Also there is another Hemingway Lounge in Offenbach, but I have not tried this.

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals