Helnan Marina Sharm

Check Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Deals

Helnan Marina Sharm Sharm El Sheikh Reviews

irish_dancer irish_da…
Perfect location, but...I thought I was visiting Egypt? Aug 12, 2013
Recently I visited Sharm el Sheikh for the first time, so I decided to book the hotel closest to the diving centre I choose. I liked the idea of no hassle with transfers every day and the reviews of the hotel looked great.

At my arrival things started to slide slightly down hill: the hotel did offer all inclusive, but that was not so all inclusive: I recieved a list of what was NOT included - like beach bar, lobby bar and mini bar - . During the day, if I wanted to drink I had to walk from the beach to the pool area- no biggie, since it was maybe 300m -. In the evening however, I was expected to go up to the roof terrace bar - and get my drinks poured in small cups; not even the stander plastic cup sice...half of that! -. I decided on buying at the local supermarket was more convinient.

The room itself was okay...well the second room I stayed in was. The first night I stayed in another room and let's say that the only thing big in the room was the bed. Luckily I was traveling alone, since a second suitcase could only be opened on the bed. There was no balcony, just a so called French balcony -doors can open but you can't sit outside -. I was peeved, since my voucher from Travel company promised me a garden room.... I had it with the room when I opened the bathroom door: I had to be a human contortionist to wash my hair or close the door! Next day I had a meeting with the local rep. and he went up to the desk to arrange me another room. The manager told him that I was in the room I had booked. I said that my voucher read Garden room, so the rep asked him for the voucher...lo and behold: I could get a garden room :)

The cleaning was below standard as well: sometimes I wouldn't get a fresh set of towels, because there was still a fresh set left - double room, single occupant - or the floor wouldn't get swept. On my fourth day my room wasn't made at all. Complaining was no use: I was told of that it wasn't cleaned beacause I didn't hang the sign on the door -nevermind that is was made the days before...also without sign - and when I refused his offer of towls since I had a set left, his answer was: well what is your problem than?

Food: the first week the food was okay, not smashing but okay..but it got downhill: dry and overcooked or barely cooked ad all, too salty or no taste at all and they topped everything with cheese or tomato sauce or both.

In the title I said that I thought I was visiting Egypt... my hotel resembled Russia: only Russian guests, only Russian animation, lots of signs in Russian etc. And boy, they were rude...to everybody! Staff, other guests etc - mind me I don't dislike all Russians, just the annoying ones :) - I felt very left out at times.
sultan1 sultan1
Sharm ElSheikh trip April 2012 May 02, 2012
The best choice that's it is located in the best reachable places around and it's by the beach and the cheapest price for the rooms .. I will use it every time I go there .. Safe, good service and good quality. Just try it once you wouldn't regret it.

What I can say it's cool for singels, cupels and families too.

You can comperate with mariott and Hilton by the location .. :)

I choose it by a recommendation of one of my friends who used to use it when she go there

Helnan Marina Sharm Overview

The Helnan Marina Sharm is located in the heart of the bustling Naama Bay resort community, close to several shops, restaurants, bars, and nightlife attractions. The Old Market is about four miles away. Ras Mohammed National Park and Tiran Island are both easily accessible from the property. The airport is about 10 minutes away from the Helnan Marina Sharm, and complimentary transfers are available to guests. The local bus station is five minutes from the property by car.

The 268 rooms at the Helnan Marina Sharm are all air conditioned and feature balconies with views of the bay and the city. Other room features include TVs, telephones, radios, and toiletries.

The Helnan Marina Sharm features a bar, restaurants, conference facilities, and a fitness center with a game room. Other amenities include an onsite doctor, a gift shop, a currency exchange desk, a children’s club, and high-speed Internet access. The hotel organizes daily boat trips to take guests to dive spots in the area. Laundry services and parking are available for a fee.

Helnan Marina Sharm Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower